Ch.24

The sun shone brightly through the windshield of Kuroo's car as the pair drove deeper into Tokyo wherever the elated rooster was taking Kenma. "Tetsu where are we even going?" Kenma questioned looking over from the passenger seat with an arched brow, watching Kuroo work the clutch to shift gears as the car slowed to a stop at a red light. "It's a surprise Kenma, come onnnnn just trust me," Kuroo chirped happily bobbing his head along with the music playing through the speakers. "We're almost there anyway," He added with a wink and a smirk, shifting gears smoothly as the car accelerated once again toward their destination.
    Kenma sat back in his seat with a small pout as he rolled his eyes and let out a playful sigh in protest. Kuroo chuckled softly to himself as he reached over and wrapped his hand around Kenma's thigh giving him a gentle squeeze as he pulled into the parking lot of a small bakery, beaming happily. "We're making a pit stop for some supplies," Kuroo beamed as he unbuckled himself to step out of the car Kenma pulling his phone out to pass the time as Kuroo wandered happily into the shop. Retrieving two slices of apple pie and some drinks for the pair before returning to the car with a bounce in his step, placing everything in the back seat before hopping back in to start the car as kenma peaked into the backseat curiously, eyeing the rooster with suspicion as he shook his head, the smell of his favorite desert wafting toward his nostrils, "Alright now I'm super curious, what are you planning tetsu?" Kenma asked once more tugging on Kuroo's sleeve to get his attention as he navigated them out of the parking lot and back onto the busy streets of Tokyo.
Kuroo parked the car at the waterfront park with a smile as he turned toward Kenma proudly, "We're having a picnic!" He cheered throwing his arms up in celebration. Kenma could only shake his head with soft fits of laughter looking up to meet Kuroo's smile with his own, eyes sparkling with curiosity and wonder. The outside world slowed for a beat as the boys peered deeply into one another's gaze, inspecting the way the light reflected off their irises in the soft rays of sunlight, the way their pupils dilated and contracted, and their eyes dancing with the occasional lift of their brow.  The sound of a nearby car alarm startled the boys back to the present as Kuroo cleared his throat nervously, rubbing at the back of his neck to ease the tension. "Let's go sit by the water and eat," Kenma offered softly leaning his head to peer out the window, humming softly in excitement.  Kuroo snorted quietly to himself as he shook the nerves from his body reaching smoothly behind Kenma's seat to pick up their picnic the boys exiting the car and beginning to hunt for a spot along the waterfront, Kenma eventually settling atop a flat rock jutting out into the water.
After finishing their treats Kenma found himself resting peacefully against Kuroo's chest facing the water, watching the sun dance across the waves deep in thought about how to introduce Anzu to the idea of a relationship among the three of them. "I can see the steam coming out of your ears ya know?" Kuroo teased shaking Kenma's shoulder gently to rouse him from his thoughts as a soft look of concern glazed over the Rooster's eyes. Kenma shook his head to clear his thoughts as he leaned his head back to look up at Kuroo as he spoke, "I'm just thinking about Anzu, how the fuck we should approach all this...," he trailed a hint of frustration apparent in his tone as Kuroo rubbing soothing circles on his back to keep Kenma calm as they talked things out. "Well both of us have already shown obvious interest in her separately on one occasion...." Kuroo trailed looking down at kenma to make sure he was following along as Kenma nodded for him to continue. "So now we should work together to show her that both of us want her and like take care of her and stuff," Kuroo fumbled rubbing at his neck bashfully feeling a little flustered talking about all of this as Kenma smirked softly at him.
Kenma did his best to suppress his laughter as he watched Kuroo become flustered for one of the first times in his life, making a mental effort to savor the memory while it was being made before he spoke to ease Kuroo's nerves. "I think I get what you mean Tetsu, we have to be a team. Like how you always start a pot of coffee for us in the morning before your runs, and how I always make sure you guys don't overwork yourself and take your breaks like your supposed to so you can eat and shit, we take care of each other, but now we pivot and start going out of our way to take care of her and make her feel loved and stuff," Kenma plotted as he rubbed his hands together mischievously with a spark in his eyes, smiling up at Kuroo before finishing his thoughts, "And when her internship is done at the end of next month we take her on a little trip to the hot springs and ask her to be our girlfriend for real," Kenma arched his brow invitingly as he smirked at Kuroo who returned his sentiment nodding his head excitedly as his mind ran with plans and possibilities.