Destroy, Raise Anew

"Tell me when it's over," Thalia said. 

Her eyes were shut tight. The statue was holding on to them so they couldn't fall, but still Thalia clutched his arm like it was the most important thing in the world.

"Everything's fine," Percy promised."Are... are we very high?" 

(Y/N) looked down. Below him, a range of snowy mountains zipped by. Percy stretched out his foot and kicked snow off one of the peaks.

"Not at all," the son of Asclepius said. "Not that high." 

"We are in the Sierras.'" Zoe yelled. She and Grover were hanging from the arms of the other statue. "I have hunted here before. At this speed, we should be in San Francisco in a few hours."

"Hey, hey, Frisco!" their angel said. "Yo, Chuck! We could visit those guys at the Mechanics Monument again! They know how to party!"

"Oh, man," the other angel said. "I am so there!"

"You guys visited San Francisco?" Percy asked. 

"We automatons gotta have some fun once in a while, right?" his statue said. "Those mechanics took us over to the Young Museum and introduced us to these marble lady statues, see. And—"

"Hank!" the other statue Chuck cut in. "They're kids, man." 

"Oh, right." If bronze statues could blush, Hank would have. "Back to flying." 

They sped up, the angels obviously excited at the prospect of getting some action. How that would even work with their lack of an anatomy, (Y/N) really didn't want to know. Grover played his pipes to pass the time. Zoe got bored and started shooting arrows at random billboards as they flew by. Every time she saw a Target department store—and she passed dozens of them—she would peg the store's sign with a few bulls-eyes at a hundred miles an hour.Thalia kept her eyes closed the whole way. She muttered to herself a lot, like she was praying. Hank held Thalia in one hand, but had to grip both Percy and (Y/N) in the other. It wasn't uncomfortable since the statues had huge hands capable of holding them between the fingers, but they were still pretty close together. 

"You did good back there," Percy shouted over to Thalia. "Zeus listened."

It was hard to tell what she was thinking with her eyes closed.

"Maybe," she said. "How did you get away from the skeletons in the generator room, anyway? You said they cornered you." 

Jackson told them about a weird red-head he met named Rachael Elizabeth Dare who could see through the mist. 

"Some mortals are like that," said (Y/N). "From the scraps of information I was told about my mother, she too was what is called a 'clear sighted mortal'. Still a mortal, but the mist can't trick their eyes. From what Grover told me a year back so is your mother Percy. And Thalia's." 

"Well, the girl was annoying," Percy said. "But I'm glad I didn't vaporise her. That would've been bad."

Thalia nodded. "Must be nice to be a regular mortal." 

(Y/N) had to agree with her. 

After the conversation, Percy fell asleep, but (Y/N) stayed up. If they were to win this new war, they had to stop being so passive with their enemy. It went against the ideas he was meant to uphold as a doctor, but if he applied the Christian R̶̲̳͋́ỏ̶͖m̶͈̖͛̃a̵̧͂ṋ̴̦̃͘ ideas of war, then he could justify it. The fight had to be taken to them either way though, not through front assaults, but raids and skirmishes. Raids and skirmishes he would have to lead. Eventually, the son of Asclepius was knocked out of deep thought by the voice of Hank.