Chapter 17: Under The Red Hood PT: 3

Start from the beginning

"Right behind you..."
I whipped around on instinct and nearly caught him in the face. He was able to side step and redirect my punch with ease.
"Good instincts, great reflexes too. But you might want to work on it, you were too predictable."

"Thanks for the tip, no homo. But where's Jinx and the jackass who took her?"
He pointed all the way down the alleyway towards the storage building that sat near the overpass but under the rail line.

"This was as close as I could get without him noticing. We're good to move in.."
He then handed me a comlink.
"To keep in touch, don't go for Jinx until I say other wise."
He then ran up the side of the wall and flawlessly flipped his way up the fire escape. In the back of my mind something felt familiar to me. Not when I talked to him but with the way he moved. It was almost like I had seen it somewhere before.

I quickly put that thought to the side and focused on the task in front of me. I followed Nightwing up running up to the fire escape and launched myself upward to climb over the railing. My muscles felt a bit stiff still, but a little bit of cardio should loosen them up quite nicely. As I chased after Nightwing across the rooftops I didn't do anything super complex like perform a triple front flip and land perfectly on my feet. But I was still able to do things like tuck in my shoulder so that I rolled over and hit the ground running when I landed.
Nightwing had then separated from me and went off around back.
"Make your way to ground level and wait for my signal."

"Copy that, making my way down now."
I replied before hopping over the edge and sliding way down the ladder.
'Hold on Jinx, we're on our way.'

I held my position down in the alley just across the street while Nightwing grappled across and made his way in from the rooftop entrance. It hadn't even been a few minutes before I heard gunshots coming from within the building. I said fuck it and ran inside.
"Nightwing, Jinx where are you?!!"
I yelled out but was then met with a light hail of bullets at my feet.

I jumped back around the corner just in time as I saw Nightwing and the red masked guy.
"She's down the hall, keep running and don't stop!!"
Nightwing yelled.

"Oh no you don't!"
The masked guy exclaimed as he pistol whipped Nightwing. Nightwing was able to parry but this guy was holding his own. That was until the masked guy drop kicked Nightwing over the railing and shot him in the center of his chest.

Due to the amount of adrenaline pumping through my body and despite what I had just seen I didn't allow myself to stop. I kept running down the hallway and turned several corners until I found Jinx tied up and laying on a mattress with a rag wrapped around her mouth and one of the same collars that they used on meta humans at Arkham.
"Jinx!!"

I dropped to my knees and quickly went about untying her. As she opened her eyes they looked glossy, like she had been drugged or something.
"Mm...mmmnnn....."
She muttered through the gag until I took it off.
"Be...behind you..."

Before I had a chance to react I was grabbed from behind and put in a headlock.
"I still have need of her, you can have her back once I'm done!!"
The masked guy said.

I ground my teeth together as I forced my arms down with my palms facing the ground.
"Like....hell!!!!"
I roared before twisting my hips to the side and hooking my right leg behind his left. Forcing him to break his grip on me and allowing me to turn and slam my elbow into his solar plexus. The guy then backflipped to his feet and took aim.
"You must think you're such hot shit, taking down all the mobsters and gangsters around Gotham!! Taking on Batman and Nightwing the way that you have, but how tough are you without you're lead spitters huh?!!"

The masked guy chuckled as he holstered his guns and took a stance.
"More than you can handle, Damien!!"
We then took a running start at each other while roaring in defiance of one another.