☽ Chapter Thirty ☾

𝖁incent didn't stop running. He could feel Lunaan so close, it pulled on his heart like a string was wrapped around it. The last week has been hell for the human, he had endured torture and barely made it out alive. All he wanted to do now was to bury himself in Lunaan's chest and be held by him. Only then Vincent would feel safe.

Silthos got his legs to work again and they followed Vincent as quickly as possible. Their attraction seemed to far exceed that of the planet Jupiter. The mortal reminded him of an asteroid that had become confused by the Earth's gravity. He was unable to deviate from its path and was racing toward it. Two different world, destined to crash against each other.

"Lunaan?" Vincent had entered a narrow street, there were soft lights hung between the buildings. His voice was shuddering from the cold breeze of the ocean and his eyes were watery. The presence here was the strongest but he didn't see anyone. For a second Vincent was starting to lose hope. His side was aching, the stitches had probably ripped from the running. The blood was leaking through the bandage horribly. Vincent looked around and held his side. "Lunaan...?" Suddenly, he heard someone breathing and in the next second a man was standing in front of him. Long white hair and icy-blue eyes which quickly softened. In one hand the moon god was holding a long sword with white flames around, but Vincent didn't care about that. His breath hitched as he ran threw himself into the arms of his lover.

Silthos and Aristaeus reached the lovers some seconds after their reunion. It was a lovely sight: Vincent laying in Lunaans Arms and the god of the moon burying his nose into his hair. Seeing this Silthos felt the need to be hugged by Aristaeus the same way. To leave the world behind and enter a world where only he and the god of blood and war existed.

As if Aristaeus could sense his thoughts he instinctively took Silthos' hand in his and rubbed over it calmly. When the lovers parted, Lunaan looked at them. "Thank you for keeping him safe..." The sword was still loosely in his hand and Aristaeus wondered if it had been used already. But he didn't smell any blood or death, so Lunaan had still held back.

"You were about to fight all the gods...", Silthos whispered and stared at the sword that was destined to pierce through his skin. "The godkiller." The young god pressed Aristaeus' hand stronger.

"Yes...", Lunaan whispered, still holding Vincent. "I have to end this before it starts." The moon god wasn't a fighter. Like the moon he was a calm and peaceful existence. Yet one small thing called love made him leave behind his nature. Lunaan was right after all. Love was the strongest force. "Let's call in a meeting.", Aristaeus suddenly said and turned towards Silthos. "Your grandfather might have allies, but I know a few gods that will fight on our side."

Silthos nodded. "And who should be our leader-" He saw the answer already glimmering in Aristaeus' eyes. "Oh no, no, no, I'm not a leader! I'm just good at motivation because those horny gods imagine having me as a reward!"

Aristaeus touched his cheeks and looked at him with serious eyes. "Silthos. You are the moving force in this war. Only thanks to you we get the chance to fight against your grandfather. It would be an honour to fight in your name."

Silthos tried to avoid the, honestly, sexy eyes of Aristaeus. "No... just because you are making this face I'm not going to lead a whole unit of gods against-", he stopped his murmur as he took in again the sight of the eyes of Aristaeus. Fuck. He couldn't resist him. "Fine..."

Aristaeus smiled in victory and kissed his forehead. Who would believe him that he could convince the god of love and desire to lead an army? "That's my man...", he whispered proudly and then looked over at Lunaan. "So, do you know anyone that would want to fight with us, Lunaan?"

The god of the moon only slightly grinned amused at Aristaeus. "You seem to enjoy your company, my dear friend." Lunaan didn't let go of Vincent and watched the sword in his hand. It seemed to attach to his appearance. There was a orb in the middle down the blade shining brightly like the moon and the blade was a sharp dark blue glittering with stars. It appeared as the universe. In a second Lunaan let it disappear. "I will let them all know... through the moon. I'm certain that the ones that will support us will understand it. For our safety, let's go to my home for now. Tonight I will raise the sign and tomorrow my halls shall be filled with our supporters." Vincent looked at Lunaan surprised. "Your home?" Soft eyes met the Baker and Lunaan fully turned to the little human. "Yes, my little star... my home - the moon."

✦•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✦•━━━━━━━━━━━━•✦

The moon was a lonely place at first sight but if you started to look around, you would notice the millions of billions stars that shone on the night sky. Lunaan's palace was a view that left you breathless. Pale colours dominated the landscape. A palace appeared on the horizon constructed of gleaming white marble and adorned with intricate silver carving and crescent moon motifs. The tall towers were glittering from afar and the doors seemed to be made out of glass. This building itself would glow softly in the moonlight, creating an ethereal ambiance. And furthermore the gardens of the palace boomed with most beautiful night flowers. At least one thing was for sure: no other gods would dare to attack this lovely place with Lunaan in possession of the sword. At least not until Aurelius gave them the sign to do so. Aristaeus had been here once before but it still took his breath away.

Silthos nodded slowly and felt the excitement building up in him. He has never been to the moon before. "I can also get you two lovebirds on one floor of my lovely castle just for you.", Lunaan admitted and then kissed Vincent on the cheek. "Same for us... we need some joy before we throw ourself into the greatest war since the Blood War."

Everyone could clearly see the way Vincent's face reddened and he sheepishly looked down on the floor. Aristaeus grinned slightly as he turned towards Silthos. Even though there was a war coming, he was more than keen to use that time with the god. "Did you hear that? A whole floor for us." Aristaeus then bent down to whisper into Silthos' ear: "You can be as loud as you want, my love. No one will hear except me."

Silthos felt his own ears redden and he kicked Aristaeus shortly. Now his thoughts would only circle the future, when he would lay with him again in the bed, perhaps naked. His eyes darkened and he glanced at Aristaeus. "Be careful what you wish for...", he whispered.

Aristaeus grinned, beyond satisfied with Silthos' reaction and shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, it sounds like a great wish to me."
"Aristaeus." The pale hand on his shoulder made him turn. Lunaan looked at him through serious eyes and soon his own smile faded. "Let's talk for a bit." The moon god looked at the other two and smiled softly. "We will be right back."

The whole walk towards Lunaan's room was quiet. Occasionally, Aristaeus would look at the other man, trying to figure out what was on his mind. The god of war and blood trusted that whatever Lunaan wanted to tell him he would accept.
As soon as they entered the room, Lunaan went straight towards the balcony. He hadn't let go of the sword even once since they left earth. Outside the view was beautiful. Millions of stars swam across the milky way like koi fish trying to find their way back home. "I want to show you where I'm hiding the sword." Aristaeus was honoured with his trust, but still he furrowed his brows. Seeing the sword felt like seeing the future. He didn't know when or where, but blood would be smeared onto that blade. Silthos' blood. "Do you know of the prophecy...", he whispered and looked at Lunaan with a blank face. "Vincent told me... I'm sorry, Aristaeus."
"If it's you, who'll put the sword through him, I will never forgive you.", his voice was merely a whisper, threatening to go out like a flame in the wind. Lunaan looked up into the vast sky and stretched out his hand. A silver lining appeared and connected to the sword. Just like that, the greatest weapon to ever exist disappeared amongst the stars. "I know. And I will accept that. Losing someone you love...", he looked back at Aristaeus with soft eyes, showing a deep sadness inside. "It's something that burns you from the inside and leaves you empty."
"But he came back." he said, talking about Vincent. Aristaeus clenched his jaw and looked up, trying to stop his heart from aching. "Silthos won't."