Chapter 26

Angel left bright and early that next morning without a thought of leaving her past behind, she couldn't bring herself to love her first true love. They had a wonderful life but her heart belonged with Scarlett though the abuse, controlling, and beyond was bad, she lived with Scarlett for over four years that is where her heart is.

Her phone lit up reading a message from Avery as it read:

"Momma,

I know you are leaving without saying goodbye to me and Jonathan this time just know that you are welcome back home at any time because even as we grow older, our hearts still remember when you adopted us those years ago. I hate that you are leaving us but obviously Scarlett Thomas means more to you than Mom, and Mom has explained to us that you changed her before you're ex became a fixture into you're life. Mom, is very upset that you would do this but in the end, you're happiness is important, and I won't change that. I love you Momma, and I will see you in the future.

Sincerely,

Avery Knight-Johnson"

Angel wiped tears from her eyes as she looked at the house that belonged to her and Jana that morning since she didn't leave the driveway as of yet then she saw three faces in the window, Jana sobbing, Avery holding tight to her mom, and Jonathan looking very sad with disappointment. Angel just couldn't live her life a lie as she lugged her stuff in the back of the taxi, and waved to them goodbye for the last time. As she sat in the taxi with her mind wondering if she should let Scarlett know or wait until she got back home to be with her because making love to her wife for the first time in four years would be amazing.

Once again her phone lit up with a message from Jana reading:

"Angel,

I know you are probably near the airport but this message is to let you know that Avery is correct that you are welcome back home(Kansas) any time. We are still a family, and we love you. Jonathan is pissed off because you were only here less than twelve hours but he will be okay. I can't promise that I won't find anyone else because my heart as I said yesterday belongs to you. Please know that you are my whole world, and if I can't have you now that is okay or even some day. I will never lose sight of you. Scarlett, is your love, and I am willing to accept that. I love you Angel Nicole Knight, and I will see you in the future.

Love,

Jana Johnson"

Angel shook her head reading that Jana was willing to give up their love but not completely. She doesn't understand why she keeps holding on to something that faded over five years ago from Scarlett who made her happy.

Not even twenty-minutes down the road another message popped up this time from Jonathan as it read:

"Momma,

I am very disappointed in you, I have been home the whole time, and you couldn't talk to me. I was only trying to figure myself out. I am not great with opening up especially when we moved in, you opened me up a bit more each day with my sister that is easy to be happy with. Momma, I need you home with me, I need you more than anything in this world. Jana is a great Mom but you are my best friend, you sacrificed yourself to protect us. Please come back. Momma, I know you believe Scarlett is the best for you in all honesty. Mom is right, she is very mean, and hurts you badly. I can't see you hurt again, I need my Momma to be herself again.

My sister told me years ago before we got into foster care that we would find two mom's that would love us to the moon, and one would sacrifice everything to keep us happy. Avery is correct on everything, always has been. I have never trusted anyone more than I have you, Angel. We are a family, I need my family all together. I need a stable family for once in my life. You and Momma need to marry, Scarlett only destroyed you because she is jealous of Mom, that is all the reason she took you to begin with. You know what you and Mom's favorite song is? It is Point At You by Justin Moore. You two loved each other so much that the song changed you're world. Angel, all I ask is that you listen to that song, and remember everything that belongs to you and Jana. You both have a love that is stronger than you realize.