Chapter 9

Jana woke up to realize that Angel wasn't beside her and as she rushed downstairs, she missed a step then fell down the last four steps as her ankle twisted half way around. Jana let out a blood curdling scream that woke Angel from her deep sleep. Angel hurried off of the couch to see Jana holding her ankle. Angel lifted Jana off the floor as she placed her on the couch and put a pillow under her ankle.

"Babe, I am so sorry you got hurt. Let me go get you an ice pack and aspirin from the kitchen. I hope you didn't break it." Angel said, trying to stay calm.

Jana took several deep breaths to keep her from crying as she replied, "I will be okay thankfully. It doesn't feel broken, feels more like I walked on it wrong and the only reason I came down the stairs so fast was to see where you were since you weren't in bed with me."

Angel kissed Jana on the forehead then went to the kitchen to grab that ice pack and aspirin that was on top of the microwave. She went back to the living room with a glass of water, aspirin, and ice pack. Giving Jana the water and aspirin, Angel inspected the ankle to be on the safe side to see that it was bruised badly but not broken.

Angel called Jana's parents so that she could get ready for the day. That involved getting a fence, some flowers, and maybe a few pets to have around the house like an Australian Shepherd and/or Golden Retriever. They only needed one pet for now though until they can afford a bigger home instead of this dollhouse like. At the same time, she was curious what the rest of her new home would look like.

Angel went back upstairs to get dressed for the day. She wanted to wear her summer dress that she stored from Michigan but decided to dress professionally. Once fully dressed she decided to roam the house a bit to see what was hidden and what was exciting to be found. They had an attic above their room, bathrooms were blue for both master and spare. Downstairs had a basement for like a spare bedroom or library. They had another bedroom that was spare for a guest. A backyard that was empty, needed mowed, and a fresh touch. The house was enormous, so they may not have to move again, and on the outside it looked small.

Angel got back inside time to find Jana's mom Mary in the kitchen already making breakfast.

"Angel, sweetie, are you hungry? I was going to make pancakes and such for you both." Mary said in her gentle voice.

Angel shook her head replying,

"No, I am not hungry at the moment. I will grab something while I am out. Though it is going to be quite a walk. I am sure Gabriel has left for work."

Mary gave a shy smile responding,

"Actually, he is still here and he knew you both would need to drive around until you could afford your own vehicle. Let me go see if we have an extra vehicle you can borrow until then. Keep an eye on the eggs and Jana is fine, it seems she is really into reading your books that she found."

Angel smiled as she watched Mary make her way into the living room. Not long after speaking with Gabriel, Mary came back with a smile on her face once again.

"Sorry, that took so long. In our driveway is a dark blue Chevrolet truck. You will also enjoy the fact that it is brand new that Gabriel bought for you both. Here are the keys and don't worry about Jana, she is well taken care of."

Angel took the keys, giving Mary a tight hug with excitement. Making her way into the living room she saw Jana talking to her dad. She tried to search in her memory who her father was and why her mother never returned after kissing Scarlett once but couldn't recall and shook it off. Angel went up to Jana, giving her a kiss on the lips softly releasing gently as she played with Jana's short pixie hair.

"Babe, I have to go into town. I will be back in a few hours but promise me you will stay off that ankle." Angel said, feeling nervous leaving the one she loves so much with her parents.

Jana had the biggest grin on her face as she replied,

"I will be fine, baby. Go do what you need too. Oh, yes, don't forget we have to meet with the adoption agency here in a week or two, so we can adopt our children."

Angel stopped in her tracks right in front of the door with her hand on the handle. She took a deep breath not wanting to get mad that her girlfriend made this decision without her.

"Where is the adoption agency, Jana? And why did you pick this as the time to tell me? We literally just moved here." Angel responded.

Jana went from smiling to a frown within an instant. She knew she should have told Angel sooner but she didn't expect the agency to get a hold of her so soon before leaving Michigan either.

"I am so sorry for forgetting to tell you, Angel. It slipped my mind." Jana replied as her lips quivered.

"Don't cry, baby, please. I am not mad. I am more surprised than all." Angel rushed back to the couch holding onto Jana.

"The agency is in Kansas city. It will be quite a drive but I want it to be worth it for us both. We have been in discussion about wanting kids." Jana responded, still holding in her tears.

Angel let go of Jana, kissed her once more then left the house without another word about going to Kansas City to go adopt kids. Yes, they have discussed it but she still wasn't sure she is ready for that responsibility. Angel saw the truck in their driveway and decided it is best to rethink everything before buying a dog or dogs. Angel put the keys in the ignition, reversed the truck out of the driveway, and headed into town. If her stress wasn't high enough, this is what did for sure.

*

Jana didn't like the fact that she was left with her parents. This was her day to help Angel get the house the way that they wanted together including the front and backyard. Instead she is sitting next to her father and her mother finally came in with some food for them to eat. As she sipped her orange juice her mind went to what happened that morning.

"Mom, Dad, I am worried about Angel not liking the fact that I feel it is time that we have children. Adopting seemed like the wise choice since all the money we made from Windsong back in Michigan. Yes, we are successful and plan on bringing on Windsong back but for here in Kansas. I do love her but at the same time I'm not completely sure who I am. Last year I flat out told Gunther and Wallace that I am lesbian but I am not so sure. Goodness gracious, I have so much running through my mind." Jana said with waited breath on what her parents would say.

Gabriel and Mary looked at each other as Jana rambled about everything in her current situation and life with hopes they could solve it for her. Gabriel barely smiled his usual smile as he responded.

"Baby girl, I see that you and Angel are in love. We support your choices. I just feel concerned that this year might not be the best for you and Angel. I mean, look at yourself, you already hurt yourself a day being here. We love you and kind of care for Angel but you might need to get out of this before it is too late."

Jana listened to her dad partially. It is just the way he worded everything that made her question what the hell is he going on about? She loves Angel and couldn't see anything happening to them.