Chapter 2

After Jana was left alone to walk herself home and a distress date with Gunther, she couldn't help herself just bursting into tears. He needed to be more fun and not so uptight. After another horrible date with some guy who is always talking about work and doesn't know anything about fun. Was she really so unlucky?

She couldn't help herself but cry over it, even though it was just plain stupid.

But then she was about a mile away from the park, she heard some noises. There was a commotion going on. She turned around to see an unknown blonde lady getting into some struggle with a guy.

Jana wanted to turn away. It wasn't her business whatever was happening and she was also too scared to go their and help. She started walking again, but then a corner of her eye caught a sight of a woman kicking the guy into his sensitive parts.

That made her smile and giggle a little, through her tears.

Then as she saw the lady running in her direction, she continued walking at a slow pace, no rush to get him into an empty house. Destiny and Roscoe had a date night on the town, so there was nobody waiting for her.

Jana was startled as the lady approached her to check on her. As they kept talking, she ended up getting to know what happened. It turned out the lady's name was Angel, and she seemed fun to be around.

She was kind of in shock when she invited Jana to her house for a drink since the small cafe in the town was closed. Jana couldn't believe she made a new friend that night. As they finally approached a small apartment complex, it gave her a whole new perspective that some like to live in quiet and alone.

Angel and Jana walked side by side to Angel's apartment as they got about three stories up the tall building they finally reached the door. On them there was a number 30C, made of brass, proudly hanging on them.

Angel reached for her key in the back pocket and slid it into the hole. She turned it and opened the door, watching them slide aside.

"Guests first." She waved her hand to her apartment.

Jana walked in. It was very dark, so Angel closed the door and turned on the lights, apologizing for it not being organized. Jana looked around, curious to see how Angel lived.

"Oh it's alright, I understand being busy and exhausted."

Angel rushed over to Jana and grabbed her hand, guiding her to the kitchen and setting her at the bar. She smiled at her.

"What would Miss Jana like to drink and eat? I have Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, Sweet Ice Tea, Milk and of course Water. As for food, I can make Mac & Cheese, Sandwiches, Ramen Noodles, and possibly a TV Dinner of Lasagna."

Jana felt her stomach rumble.

"I will take water and I'll settle for a Sandwich. I'm not picky, so whatever you'll make it will be good," she honestly replied.

Angel smiled, grabbing two glasses from the hanging cabinet.

"I will do the same for myself then. So Jana, what are your thoughts on dating?" "I don't like them because they are usually no fun," she mumbled, looking down at the counter. Angel could relate to that matter. That was usually the case with her too. "Yes, you're so right about that. It seems like guys want only one thing."

Jana looked up at Angel with a shy smile. "When was the last time you've dated or been in a relationship?"

Angel looked down as she served the water to Jana and started making the sandwiches.

"I have done both. Unfortunately, the one I was with for two years, left me for someone else. It was hard to move on from that relationship, and I haven't found anyone else just yet."