Chapter 25

Heading back to Kansas with Annabel became a totally different outcome, she flinched every time I went to shift the vehicle it was like my Angel totally disappeared from what Scarlett did. Avery would try and soothe her but would end up screaming for some reason, she knew Scarlett abused her just not sure how bad, and putting her into a mental ward would make her freak out even more. Jana desperately wanted her sweet loving Angel back with the beauty of blonde hair, blue eyes, and her soul that took Jana a lot to fall in love with in the beginning.

Jana could sense that Annabel is feeling bad as she struggles to say a word to anyone. Jana wanted to hold her hand but knew it would be up to Annabel not her. Jana wished she never packed away Angel's things though she still had her grandma's stuff in the attic plus picture's all over the walls. She wanted to make sure Annabel came back to being Angel eventually even if it meant struggling to get her back.

"Annabel..." Jana said in a struggle.

"No, I am not Annabel, you said so yourself I am Angel Knight. I just need a light to show me the way to Angel, I need to be Angel." Annabel replied with a sadness in her voice.

"Alright, Angel, listen to me. First off, I am not going to change you back to yourself right then and there it will cause problems later. We will do this one day at a time." Jana responded with tightness in her throat.

"Okay, so I get to be a person I am not until I see where I need to be but that doesn't help me. I need to do what Scarlett did just in reverse. Retrain my brain to be Angel again the way she was, it will work. My natural hair color will come back once this dye wears off, my eye color is just contacts, and these clothes can be changed to the way I was. My personality of Angel is in me, I just have to go above and beyond to find it." Angel replied with enthusiasm.

"She is right, mom." Jonathan said with a smile.

"Now what then? Do you want to take out those contacts because green really doesn't suit you, we can get you clothes just for you before heading home? Any type of food, drinks that you used to like." Jana responded to Angel.

"You know me better than anyone, Jana, tell me what was my favorite, what was my life like before Scarlett ruined it all?" Angel replied with a smile.

"Angel, you were everything in life though you missed you're grandma you carried on you're dream of having a coffee shop in which Shauna has now taken over since we moved to Kansas, and adopted two wonderful children within that same year. We have a big beautiful home, you love coffee, Mexican food but will eat almost anything from the store, definitely love the outdoors we didn't get dogs quite yet but that is fine, and we both worked I have worked in a Bakery as you worked for the Paper by phone since we needed someone home for the kids. You were life within itself and lived it day by day. I am not sure what memories you have of us but obviously there are still some of us in your mind." Jana explained best to her ability.

"Yes, I do like proposing to you, making love for the first time, and many other important things, I just can't grasp beyond that. I know what has happened though after that is like a blur. I am trying though to remember everything that involved us as a couple." Angel replied.

"Don't push it, Angel, honestly you will remember in time but do you have any recall of your childhood?" Jana asked with curiosity.

"My mom moved to another country because of kissing Scarlett, that memory made me cringe. I lived with my grandma, and grew up with her raising me as a lady. I do know I used to live by myself playing my guitar, and enjoy my bookstore. It never had a name though." Angel responded with her thoughts running wild.

"It had a name when I came into your life because you wouldn't let me go no matter how much I fought you. I helped name it Windsong because it is a name I have enjoyed for many years, and would name my own coffee/bookstore that. Yes, Windsong became our bookstore/cafe much longer before we moved to Kansas. Shauna changed it to Midnight, which is what she loved but kept traditional stuff like our coffee and books and just changed scenes and themes with furniture, walls, and such. She is a dear girl to us, there is a secret between you two that you never told me but you have kept yourself level headed to her, and still appreciate her taking over our shop that we have to eventually move to Kansas." Jana explained some more.