Chapter 11

Several weeks went by since they got used to their new place, Jana's ankle healed and they got to go to the adoption agency together to meet their caseworker. Turns out the caseworker Natalie Lancaster is a tall redhead full of spitfire, with green eyes and white freckles on her skin that made her look gorgeous in the knee-length red dress that brought out her thin feature.

Natalie was all for Jana and Angel to adopt, unfortunately the news got worse as the paperwork went on for hours. They couldn't adopt children around the age's of 6-8 without siblings they wanted a kid or two but some had as many as six siblings or more it tore them apart. Because they didn't want to split any family up including kids with all they had and having that many would cause havoc.

So when they got back home Jana and Angel sat at home discussing if they should split kids up even if it is against their own wishes or not adopt until a lesser number of children became available for them to have because they desperately wanted kids as much as pets but they couldn't do either at the moment.

Jana got called into work as soon as Angel sat down to have coffee with just writing in her notebook. Jana found work at a Wedding Cake Bakery called Sweet Designs Bakery which is in downtown so she had to always use the truck and she worked all hours of the day. As for Angel, she got to sit at home taking phone calls for advice columns in the paper that she did to keep busy since they only had one vehicle. It was called Morning Sun Newspaper. She was kept extremely busy and missed working in her bookstore cafe Windsong back in Michigan. This life had been a challenge when she used to be in a dead town.

They were still waiting for Natalie to get a hold of them on any children being available but it seems to be a lost hope for either one. So after about a six-month wait with working and what not they decided to drive to Kansas City and pick out two children that they thought would be perfect for them.

Jana was so excited she couldn't sit still to meet the children that are in foster care waiting to be taken home, she called off work just so they can get it done. They have cleared the spare bedroom making it clear for the two kids to be welcomed and hoping they enjoy their new home with two moms.

Angel looked over at Jana saying,

"Baby, you have to calm down, we don't even know what these kids look like."

Jana couldn't contain herself as she replied,

"I know I just love kids so much and we have been waiting forever to meet and this would be amazing just to see what they look like."

Angel agreed to respond,

"I just hope these kids aren't going to rebel badly on us since their parents left them."

Jana knew that was a heartbreaking point for her but this was the opportunity to meet some amazing kids who might have the same interest as they do and might be able to carry on their bookstore cafe when they get it reopened in Roseland.

Natalie told them that she was meeting with them at one of the foster care center's right in downtown Kansas City since that is where most are located at the moment, not very many outside of town. So when they arrived at Crittenton Children's Center, Jana and Angel couldn't wait any longer to get inside to see the kids but the lawyers and Natalie wouldn't let them see the kids yet as they had to file out custody for whichever children they took and knowing it was going to be battle if parents got involved later.

Finally, they were done with paperwork as some chubby lady with black hair, dark reddish eyes, pure white skin and had worn all black named Stella Blackstone called for two kids Avery Bowman and Jonathan Bowman as they came through the door both kids looked shy and unresponsive. They took a seat across from Jana and Angel as both ladies tried to greet the two young ones but neither gave in to the greeting and held each other's hands tightly expecting the worse.

Avery was a little brunette child around six years old she had hazel eyes stood about three foot seven inches and weighed about thirty-eight pounds, Jonathan was also a brunette child looked to be about eight or nine years old with brown eyes stood a bit taller than his sister at five feet two inches and about forty-six pounds. They were petite children for sure but very beautiful as Jana and Angel both said,

"We will take these two."

Natalie spoke first,

"Wouldn't you like to see the other children before just deciding on these two?"

Angel and Jana looked at each other as Angel spoke,

"No ma'am we want these two, they are perfect."

Natalie nodded her head and Stella heaved a sigh of relief as if she was glad to get rid of them that was when Jana stood up saying,

"Stella, why did you just sigh?"

Stella looked around then whispered in Jana's ear,

"Because these two don't mind me and keep to themselves, hopefully, you two will have better luck."

Jana whispered back,

"Do I care to know their history or is that for us to find out?"

Stella looked at the children then back at Jana whispering in return,

"Best for you to find out because they don't talk to us, as far as we know they've been abandoned on the street."

Jana nodded as she told Angel in whispers the same thing and they both smiled at the children then Angel spoke up,

"Okay, Jonathan and Avery you are coming home with us to pack your clothes and such."

Jonathan held Avery's hand a little tight as he struggled to speak replying,

"Miss, how do we know you are taking us to a better home and not separating us?"

Angel walked over to the boy kneeling down on her knees as she looked at both innocent faces responding,

"Because I and my girlfriend believe in you two having happiness as well."

After that response, both kids left to get their things in and came back quickly with their stuff. That was the happiest moment Jana and Angel could live for is two wonderful children. They drove home discussing how the rules work and that they will be sharing a room temporarily until they can make room in the basement for Jonathan since he's the oldest and deserves his own room just like Avery will once they get situated.