Chapter 23

As Annabel walked into the apartment she heard Scarlett throwing things so Annabel closed the door silently then made her way to the bathroom and locked it in hopes of Scarlett not hearing it. That was when she rocked herself until she could hear Scarlett stomping around grabbing what she needed then slammed the apartment door so hard it shook everything.

Annabel unlocked the bathroom door then walked around the apartment to see everything destroyed from their kitchen, dining room, library and much more areas that needed cleaning soon she heard her phone go off as the text read:

"Since you couldn't care to come out of the bathroom and face me, you will be deeply punished tonight so don't you dare even think about going to sleep. You were supposed to be home before dark and you were late once again, so prepare for another enjoyable punishment and clean our apartment while you are at it since it is going to take you most of the evening anyways."

Annabel read the messages as tears dripped down her face. By morning she's going to be all battered and bruised again which was hard enough to cover today during filing applications. Annabel had wanted to run but she had nowhere to go, she didn't even get information off of Tonya because that would make Scarlett assume of cheating.

Soon as she started cleaning a surprise knock came at the door so she called across saying,

"Hello!"

The voice spoke,

"Angel, it is Jana and your kids answer the door please..."

Annabel raised her eyebrows then walked to the door and answered it to see a woman she didn't recognize with two teenagers as she closed the apartment door then placed her arms over her chest saying,

"My name is Annabel not Angel and I believe you and your kids have the wrong place." Jana looked rather surprised at that response as she replied,

"How can you forget who you are? You are the most amazing I have been with including our children that love you dearly. You are Angel with lovely blonde hair, blue eyes, and a gorgeous figure. You aren't Annabel, Scarlett has you brainwashed."

Annabel looked Jana dead serious in the eyes with evil in it responding,

"You have serious problems women because Scarlett is my wife and I have never been with any other since then as far as I am concerned so pack you and your kids and never come back here again."

That was when Jana grabbed Angel into a bent over kiss and planted a passionate one on her as she felt tears stream down her face then let Angel go as her and the kids walked away.

Annabel didn't know who that Jana person was but she kissed way better than Scarlett and had meaning behind it. Annabel couldn't understand why the woman was calling her Angel though it made no sense whatsoever. Annabel sat down at the table lost in thought of what could it mean by that lady showing up mysteriously she even searched her memory of this woman and nothing appeared it's like her past life had disappeared with the abusing constantly because Scarlett always did damage her head in some way like against windows or walls so hard she'd lose conscious for hours on end.

Annabel decided that instead of pondering about the mysterious woman who had kissed her that she might as well go back to working on the house since it is going to be an all night chore for her just to get done before Scarlett got home. As she got off the table she felt like the most horrible person for pushing Jana away but she honestly couldn't remember living a life without Scarlett.

Annabel took a shower that evening deciding to relax her brain from all the chaos from that day. It just amazed her all that had happened from meeting Tonya to seeing a mysterious woman named Jana at her front door. Annabel let the heat take her in as soon as that happened memories flooded again: