Chapter 15

Angel finished cleaning the truck as she headed home to go see Jana and the kids. She needed to see her family badly after a bad day from ignorant people. That was when she came up with a plan to surprise Jana when she pulled into a liquor store to look at what she could find that would be proper for the engagement while the kids slept. As she wandered around Angel found white wine that would taste good from Sutter Homes.

After she paid for the wine, she went quickly to a flower shop to find blue daffodils that Jana loved so much it was her favorite flower to see blossom in a white vase. She paid for the flowers and headed home to see Jana as she was anxious to engage her that evening. She wanted to hold off but knew that she had to get it done now or she'd hate herself for not doing it sooner.

When Angel arrived at home she could see that she had to sneak the flowers and wine inside without Jana knowing so it doesn't spoil the surprise since she had to do it in the backyard to get a table set and such that was when she had an idea to go put the flowers and wine through the back stashing in a plant to keep them cold until she got a cooler from their kitchen.

Angel did just that then walked inside like nothing was going on as she kissed Jana then called her kids to her bedroom before Jana climbed the steps as the plan went Jonathan and Avery distracted Jana until everything was set up then to head to bed after guiding Jana to the backyard for the surprise engagement.

After having the kids distract Jana with anything they could come up with Angel got to work setting the surroundings with flowers, candle light and chilling the wine in a bucket as she could see Avery peeking out the window to see the progress. Angel grabbed the ladder and set the streamers they had around the yard then rushing inside to grab her small boombox that holds Cd's and grabbed her Cd's then hurried outside to get that set up on a chair with extension cord to keep the music playing that was when she realized their wasn't much bright light to show the area that was when she found Christmas lights in the attic then getting back on the ladder setting them up around the square she made with the streamers.

Angel gave Avery the thumbs up as she quickly put a blind fold on Jana then her and Jonathan left her in the kitchen until Angel was ready to get her, her nerves were already on set from earlier but she stayed calm as much as she could, she decided it was time to bring Jana outside so she went inside the house to the kitchen and heard Jonathan reading Avery a book to get her to sleep. Angel stood Jana up whispering,

"I hope you are ready for your surprise, my love?"

Jana relaxed then whispered back,

"You know I hate surprises but it must be important to have our children distract me this evening especially way after their bed time."

Angel had a sly smirk on her face knowing the kids did a good job as she whispered,

"I am slowly guiding you to the backyard so listen to me as I guide you babe."

Angel slowly guided Jana to the backyard as they went through their back door then Angel sat Jana down by the table removing her blindfold as Jana gasped saying,

"Sweetheart, oh my goodness this is beautiful and you got us white wine for what occasion may I ask?"

That was when Angel brought out a small black box getting down on one knee in front of Jana reciting the words she has prepared for them both saying,

"Jana, my one true best friend, love, mother to our children and more, I want to know out of all the love in my heart if you would be my wife?"

Jana had tears well up in her eyes as she replied,

"Angel, YES, YES, YES!!! I will be your wife."

Angel placed the ring on Jana's left finger then stood up to hug and kiss her with passion even more than they thought could happen. Angel called out Jonathan and Avery. That was when Jana showed them the ring they hugged both their mom's with excitement then went back inside to go back to bed to know celebrating comes tomorrow with them.

After they tucked their children into bed, Angel and Jana went to enjoy some slow dancing together then drank a bit of wine as Angel shut down everything and they went inside to go to bed to make love until their bodies couldn't anymore.

*

Jana woke up to see a beautiful ring on her hand couldn't believe her and Angel are engaged now she just had to figure out if she could tell her parent's that they are engaged and is finally feeling able to come out as a lesbian since she got with Angel, she never could see herself with a man again and thankfully she didn't lose her virginity to one.

Jana kissed Angel on the cheek then got up to get her morning started since she had to be at work though it wasn't Windsong it was a wonderful wedding bakery that she enjoyed selling massive wedding cakes for people to enjoy. They did agree that Angel would be the stay at home mom until the kids got a little older even though they are in school and take a bus back and forth to save her the time to get to work on time, Jana couldn't be happier with the way life worked out.

Jana got Angel up so she could take care of Jonathan and Angel before sending them off to school but Angel stopped her mid-way saying,

"I wish you could take off for one more day but I know the budget is in need of help and I can't wait to show your parent's that we are engaged and glad you never left when it got complicated, I was so afraid you would."

Jana knew Angel was hiding something but never pushed her to reveal since it doesn't do any good to get the detail out of Angel when she wasn't ready so she replied,

"I am glad to and can't wait to reveal that I am lesbian since you mean everything to me and showed me it's okay to be with a woman."

Angel smiled responding,

"As long as you are comfortable with who you are, I am happy you feel that way, as I am glad to go from bisexual to lesbian myself since I never really liked men that way just as friends."

Jana kissed Angel softly as she sighed then releasing the kiss replying,

"I am just happy to be with you."

Angel winked responding,

"As I am too."

They walked downstairs hand in hand they kissed one more time as Jana left to work and the kids giggled Avery ran over to Angel with a hug saying,

"So does that mean we will get you both's last name when you get married or would we be stuck as Bowman because of our parents?"

Angel knew Avery was full of questions as she replied,

"I am not sure sweetheart, I mean me and mom haven't discussed it yet."

Avery slid down from the hug and had tears come out of her eyes responding,

"We love you and want to be officially your kids with your last names."

Angel wiped Avery's tears replying,

"Me and mom will talk about it tonight princess, don't worry, you are still kids and we love you both too."

Avery nodded as she went back to eat her breakfast before the bus arrived. That was when Jonathan and Avery kissed her goodbye for the day then she was all alone.