Chapter 127- I'm Not Lying!

Start from the beginning

Icy water being poured over my head makes me jolt awake; but when I gasp for air, all I get is water straight into my throat. I gag and cough, my body fighting for air as more and more water dumps onto me. 

Once the water stops, the chair I'm in gets sat up and the two men stand before me. Just by gasping for air, I can tell my bottom lip is swollen and cut. Something crusty under my nose and on my top lip tells me my nose was bleeding and the weird liquid feeling I have in my ear tells me the same. 

"What about the man Frost?" Beanie Man asks. 

I scoff and roll my eyes, "He's been a fucking prick since the day I met him." They accept that answer because I'm not lying about that. 

"Okay, you don't like him. Who else don't you like?" The brunette asks. 

"Fuck, dude, all of them. Got me involved with you assholes just because I needed some goddamn food." Beanie Man nods to the brunette and the brunette nods back. Without saying anything the brunette grabs a glowing burning knife.

All of my thoughts get interrupted by an agonizing burning sensation going throughout my whole body. I can hear my skin sizzling under the intense heat of the iron "X" and I wail out in agony.

Sobs quickly spill out of my mouth as I do what Daryl did and try to get away but ultimately fail. The smell of my burning skin, my sobs, and the immense pain in my whole body causes me to gag, my body going limp once they finally pull the "X" away.

When he inches the knife closer to the wound on my bicep, I tell myself, "You've felt worse burning pain." just before the knife presses deep into the wound, burning the inside of my skin and the cut. 

I shriek in pain and tilt my head back, sobbing into the ceiling. For a split second, I think about spilling the beans. But that's my sister. That's my sister's best friend. And that's the rest of our group's family. I may not be close with them but...they're close with someone.

My skin smokes and the inside turns almost completely black before the brunette removes the knife. As soon as the knife is away from my skin, I take a deep breath. My arm shakes from the pain and I can barely hold my head up. 

"Who's the girl? Is she the leader?" Beanie Man asks. 

Maggie.

"I don't know. I wouldn't doubt it but they never said." I pant, my voice quiet and breathless. 

Beanie Man looks at the brunette man, "Put her in a cell. We'll re-attempt later." He orders, turning and walking out of the room. The brunette man nods and quickly puts an itchy burlap sack over my head. I feel the ropes release from my wrists and ankles and as soon as I know I'm free, I lunge where there's a dark blob in my view. 

Damien and Cato must have my back because I manage to grab ahold onto the brunette man and slam him against the wall. I get a good punch in before he grabs me by the waist and slams me on the ground, knocking the wind out of me. 

Without catching my breath, I scoot close to the wall, ripping the sack off of my head in the meantime as he approaches me. Once he gets close enough, I grunt loudly and kick his feet out from under him with my bad leg and send him flying to the ground. 

My whole body is shaking and weak but I have to fight. I have to. For Adrian. For Beatrice. For Inejra so she doesn't come home to a dead best friend. 

I climb onto the man and grab him by the hair, slamming his head onto the concrete floor. Just as he starts to pass out, a man grabs me from behind and drags me away as I'm kicking and screaming. "Get the hell off of me! He was asking for it! Get off of me!"