Chapter 70- Observer

"No! Fuck that! I am not being a goddamn engineer." I complain loudly to Abraham and Damien. "God, who does she think I am? I wanna...like...scare people and I can't do that if I'm working under cars n' shit." 

Abraham chuckles, "You seem thrilled." 

I groan loudly and flop on the couch behind me. "How much of a tantrum do you think I would have to throw to be able to like...not do this? I was in a gang and Michonne gets to be the- like- fake police officer? Love her dearly, she's my girl but-" I groan again. 

"You don't even like cops." Damien giggles, sitting next to me. 

"What if you have to wear makeup?" Abraham fools. 

"Die, fucking die." I spit, holding up the middle finger to Abraham. "If you think I'm gonna dress 'nice', you musta' been outside these walls way too long."

He chuckles, "Speaking of which, you going to the party? Seems like...so your thing." 

I groan and shake my head, "Now why in the Satan's dick would I go to a party?" 

Damien smiles, "I'm going, Alyssa's gonna rip your nose off if you don't go." 

"Guess I'll be Voldemort." Damien snorts at my words. 

"Parties mean dressing up and male gaze. Men looking at me makes me want to shove a screwdriver up my armpit." 

"You could dress so the women look at you," Abraham suggests. "I'm pretty sure Daryl isn't coming." 

I raise my eyebrows, "Look at me like I'm an outsider, or look at me like I'm the hottest person alive because...I like both ideas." 

Damien raises an eyebrow, "You sure you're not gay?" 

I scoff, "Oh I am so sure." Abraham, Damien, and I all exchange glances and laugh. 

"I am not wearing this!" I screech as Alyssa hands me a dress.

It's light blue with an open back and a low v-neckline. There are white seams and the dress would probably show half of my butt. 

"It's a formal party!" She responds, smiling. "I've never seen you in a dress before! You could even wear h-" 

I hold up a finger quickly, "You say heels and I'll shove my fake heel and my real heel down your throat." I toss the dress down on the bed and look at Alyssa with my arms crossed. "Nobody knows I don't have a foot and I know I'm going to get so many 'what happened to your foots' so..." I don't want to bring up the scars to her.

I think for a moment, trying to compromise with Alyssa. "I will wear-" Alyssa cuts me off with a squeal and she runs to the closet next to me. 

"How did I not see this?!" She quickly rummages through the hangers and pulls out a leather jacket. It's tight and has a bunch of tiny details, like small spikes on the shoulders and a shorter zipper than the bottom of the jacket. 

My mouth drops open, "Oh my god. It's-it's-it's beautiful." I wipe a fake tear and grab the jacket while Alyssa beams in front of me. 

"You're gonna look like a total badass." Inejra's voice comes from behind me. 

I whirl around and stare at her, "How the fuck did I not know you were here?" 

She smiles mischievously, "I have that effect on people. Anyway," She's wearing ripped skinny jeans and a black crop top with a bleached ribcage mimicking hers on the front. Inejra walks over to me and looks me up and down, "Wear that with men's jeans, make sure they look low-rise using a belt, and a red lace corset as a shirt. Also with Dr. Martins."