Chapter 98- Rollercoaster of Emotions

(TW!! Mentions of drug usage and suicide!!)

We all pace uncomfortably in the room, waiting for Daryl, Rick, Maggie, and Morgan to finish their round of the house.

Last night, I had come back inside to help- ignoring the unbearable pain in my wound, and Damien followed me. 

Rosita and Enid pace the room, I'm sitting with Tara on the bed and Damien stands near two older women. 

The LSD hasn't worn off at all so I haven't said anything since being in here. My words are slurring more so than before because it's hitting harder and harder the more empty my stomach gets. 

I wince at a fireline of pain shooting up my stomach. 

"Adrian, why the hell did you fight?" Tara asks. 

I look at her, planning out what I'm gonna say before I say it. "I can't j...ust s...it by and w...atch it h...appen." I slur.

She narrows her eyes at me as if trying to read me. 

This whole group has been placed on high watch by basically everyone close to me, especially Alyssa, for any drugs. 

She told them how to know if I'm high, what I look like, what I do, everything that can be useful in pinpointing when I'm high. No fucking wonder Maggie found out. 

Tara thinks for a moment, "Is Phillidelphia a state or a city?" 

I screw my eyes shut and curse silently. 

I don't know the answer to that when I'm sober.

"Trick q...uestion?" I whisper. 

She presses her lips in a thin line and nods, "Awesome." 

Shit. Fuck. Fuck. Cunt. Bitch. What other cuss words are there? 

Tara gives a look to Damien and he sighs, though he doesn't say anything. 

The door suddenly opens and Enid and Rosita quickly aim their guns, only to lower it when Rick puts his hand up. "Hey." The little red gnome next to him waves to me. 

I look around to see if anyone else sees him but when the walls begin to move, I remember. 

"Good out there?" Rosita asks. 

"House is clear." Rick answers, stepping further into the room, followed by the gnome. 

Daryl walks in behind him and closes the door. 

"How'd this happen?" Tara asks the obvious question. 

It's quiet for a moment as Rick and Daryl seemingly try to find the right words. 

"Um...the Saviors did something to their weapons." Daryl finally informs her. "Everyone they cut up...or got shot...they all got sick." 

"What?" Enid exclaims. "No." 

It's quiet before Tara says "Okay." 

Daryl says, "When we were out there, and you said you were done waitin'. I coulda' killed 'im. I shoulda'." 

Tara shakes her head, "No. He wanted to be here with us. And no matter what he did or how hard he tried, I wanted him dead. I just couldn't let it be anything else. Karma's a bitch, right?" 

Nobody says anything for a moment. 

"So what do we do now?" Damien asks. 

"G...ood fuckin' q...uestion." I whisper.

The morning sun is hot already, making it annoying to be outside but unbearable to be inside since Maggie turned off the generators.