Chapter 19- Angry

Carol walks away, sobbing. The pain eminent in the air from the sounds of her gasps and sobs. Alyssa still remains in my dad's arms, her tears have faded but now all she's doing is staring off into the distance, numb. Her eyes are colorless though around them is red and puffy, 

A girl called Beth's sobs are the only noises in the air right now. 

Nobody says anything, nobody does anything. We all just stand there, not knowing what to say or do. The silence from the lack of the Walker's moans hangs in the air, an eerie feeling that you think would be comforting. It's not. 

Beth begins walking towards the barn, Rick tries to grab her to keep her from going in case the Walker's weren't dead, but she shoves him off and approaches a woman's body.

She removes a man's arm off of the woman's body and then rolls her over, crouching down next to her. 

"Ma..." She whispers before the Walker wakes up and grabs ahold of her pigtails, snarling and groaning. Beth screams, not used to the adrenaline that we're used to. 

Everybody springs into action, Shane leaves Alyssa and runs over. As does Glenn, Rick, T-Dog, Jimmy, and I. 

"Grab her!" Rick yells, trying to pull her out of the Walker's grasp. We're all straining when we finally manage to pull her out of the Walker's hands.

T-Dog begins to kick the Walker's head in an attempt to kill it. When that doesn't work, Glenn grabs the Walker's arms and holds it as Andrea drives a scythe into it's head, ending it's rein. 

"A scythe? Really? Coulda killed 'im." I roll my eyes, gesturing to Glenn. "Is everything I do not good enough for you?" Andrea drops the scythe and glares at me. "Sounds about right." I respond, turning and walking over to Alyssa.

"C'mon, let's go back up to the camp." I say, slowly helping Alyssa stand. She doesn't respond, she just begins walking up the hill, leaving all of us. 

Everybody follows shortly after, Hershel and Patricia with their arms around Beth. 

"We've been out. We've been combing these woods looking for her and she was in there all along?" My dad pokes, angry at how much time we've wasted searching the woods. "You knew." He grumbles at Maggie.

"Leave as alone." She spits, turning and looking at him. "Hey don't say shit to my father like that." I grumble, stepping closer to Maggie. 

Glenn grabs my wrist as a symbol to stop and turns to Shane. "Hey, Shane just stop, man." Rick tries to grab Shane but he rips his arm out of Rick's grasp and yells, "Get your hands off me, man." 

Hershel begins to say something but then stops, not knowing what to say. "You knew and you kept it from us." Shane pushes further. Glenn releases my wrist and I glare at him. 

"I didn't know." Hershel reassures, continuing to walk up towards the house. "That's bullshit. I think that's bullshit I think you all knew." 

"We didn't know!" Maggie yells. "Hey! The fuck did I say about talking to my dad like that? Bite your fuckin' tongue." I move quickly at Maggie but Glenn grabs my wrist again. I huff but comply. 

"Why was she there?!" Shane yells. "Your-" Hershel takes a different approach at his words. "Otis put those people in the barn. Maybe he found her and put her in there before he was killed." "You expect me to believe that? What do I look like? Do I look like an idiot?" Shane disregards Hershel's words. 

Hershel's face is pale, his eyes are the color of fear and regret. 

"Shane, hey, hey, hey." Rick says in a soothing voice. "I don't care what you believe!" Hershel yells. "Everybody just calm down." Rick stands in the middle of Shane and Hershel, trying to de-escalate the situation.