Chapter 54- Alyssa

(Alyssa Walsh's POV:) All I can hear is my ears ringing. I can't get the sight of Hershel out of my brain. It's like I'm rewatching a movie over and over again. 

I got on the bus when Beth got on, she went to look for Maggie and I wanted to find Adrian. Adrian has this sort of stubbornness to her that's going to get her killed. If she starts fighting, she won't stop until everyone or herself is dead- whether she has bullets or not. 

I left with Beth but to go find Adrian to try and drag her on the bus- which I knew I wasn't gonna be able to do easily. 

The only older sister I found was Maggie, who was looking for Beth. I tried to tell her where I thought Beth went but before I managed to, Bob got shot so he, Sasha, Maggie, and I had to leave before anything else bad happened. 

I never found Adrian,

And I'm worried I never will. 

I'm sitting on the muddy ground, hugging my knees to my chest and trying not to cry. We're on a small, muddy island in the middle of a creek. We just stocked up on water and Sasha's just finished patching up Bob.

I don't mind Sasha, I know Adrian likes her because she says she's "A badass with a plan" so if Adrian likes her, I like her. 

Bob's kind of annoying but I don't hate him, though I know Daryl does. 

I love Maggie, she's like a second older sister to me though, nobody can ever top my older sister. It was difficult to like Maggie after she slapped my dad and took Glenn from Adri but I've realized she didn't know Adri liked Glenn so, it really isn't her fault.

My hands are still shaking and my heart is still pounding. I feel lightheaded as the anxiety grows and the adrenaline begins to fade. 

"Hey," I hear Sasha's voice from next to me. It's soft and comforting. Her hand lays softly on my back and she sits next to me. "We'll find her." 

Her voice is uncertain like she's trying to convince herself more than me. 

"Do you really believe that?" I squeak, my voice a lot smaller than I'd like it to be. 

She goes silent for a moment before Bob speaks, "If she doesn't, I do." I finally look away from the trees in front of me and turn to look at Bob, who is standing behind me. 

I whimper, "I don't." My voice is a mere whisper. I would rather not know if Adrian is alive or not than see her dead body. 

Though, if I know anything about my sister, I know she's too stubborn to die. Especially at the hands of people she hates with every fiber in her being- other than Nick of course. 

I think for a moment, "Actually," I stand up, and a newfound sense of confidence and hope runs through my veins. "Yeah, I do." Bob smiles lightly, 

"Good. Because we will. Adrian's a fighter, she lost her foot and bled out and still survived." He crouches down and uses his non-shot arm to put on my shoulder. "We've just gotta figure out where she was headed." 

Sasha walked away without me knowing a little bit ago, probably when Bob began talking. She's talking to Maggie right now, most likely talking about game plans. 

Suddenly, Maggie begins walking, "Maggie." Sasha tries. 

"Wait!" I say loudly, jogging over to Maggie. "You can't just leave." She turns and crouches in front of me. 

Why does everyone crouch to talk to me? I'm almost thirteen, not two.

"I have to find Glenn. He was on the bus, we know where it was headed." She says softly.