06 : Anastasia The Helper

" I wonder what would happen if a Salamander ate a Filibuster Firework. "

" Don't, Fred. They'll either explode or die of poisoning. ", said Lee.

Anastasia, Lee, and the twins are at the Common Room as usual. Earlier, Fred decided to be nice and rescued a salamander from a Care of Magical Creatures class. Now a few curious people surrounded them as they played with the salamander.

" Then what would happen if they were bit by a vampire? ", asked Fred.

" The vampire would end up drinking all the blood and possibly eating the flesh too if they weren't pleased. ", Anastasia answered.

There were a couple laughs and ewws after she said it.

" But what if the salamander drank a vampire's blood? ", George asked.

Now that was interesting.

" Interesting but no. What if you end up creating a new virus or a dangerous hybrid? Now that's not fun. ", said Lee.

Anastasia continued feeding the salamander as the three debated a bit more on what they should do to it. Once she was finished, the salamander tried to bite her finger in an attempt to eat more. But when Anastasia moved away to speak with Lee, Fred and George took this as an opportunity and fed the salamander a Filibuster Firework.

The next thing they knew, the salamander flew up the air and bounced on the walls with loud sparks and bangs.

In the end, Percy scolded and yelled at the twins until his voice was horse. The salamander on the other hand finally escaped by jumping into the fire.

Lee sighed from beside Anastasia. " Well deserved this time. "

Anastasia nodded.

Time passed and it was already Halloween. Everyone had a great time eating at the Great Hall as always. Anastasia had drank a lot of hot chocolate and had to be stopped by Fred.

" You'll be too energized to sleep. ", said Fred as he took the cup of hot chocolate from the girl's hand and placed it far away from her. He then took a clean napkin and used it to wipe Anastasia's lips.

And at that moment, Anastasia can't help but admire Fred. Not only his face, but his kind gesture. She doesn't think she noticed it until now, but Fred certainly looks good and gentle. She was then reminded each time Fred stood up and defended her. Back when Pansy was glaring at her after she ignored her, Fred straight up walked towards her and asked what her problem was. Back when Theodore's friends were laughing at her, Fred cast a spell at them which caused their skins to turn green and noses to turn pointy. And so much more

Fred noticed her silence and looked back at her. He noticed how her deep blue eyes twinkled and how he can see his reflection in them. He always knew she was pretty the moment he saw her, but now he noticed how Anastasia looked very beautiful. He suddenly began remembering all their time together. That time when Anastasia dried his hair using her robes after they were caught in the rain and they left their wands at their dorms. That time when Anastasia comforted him after Lockhart laughed at his project. And so much more.

And then a commotion happened.

A lot of students began running out to the hallways. Anastasia and Fred looked at each other in confusion before following after the rest along with Lee and George.

Running through the hallways, the hushed whispers, the gasps, and the screams. Anastasia felt a sense of deja vu.

And after looking at the words painted at the wall by blood, she understood why.