02 : Anastasia The Peculiar

The night was as luminous as ever. It was silent and peaceful. The Black Lake reflected the moon's entrancing glow. The crickets can be heard chattering, sounds of water splashing as some sirens poke their heads out of the water in curiosity. Truly, a magnificent atmosphere. It's almost 12 am, the children at Hogwarts would usually be asleep at this hour, except for one that is not a student.

Anastasia hurriedly ran out of the castle with Snape tailing behind her. " Anastasia! Stop running! The celebration won't run away from you! ", he grunted as he spoke of a spell causing the little girl to float. " But I want to go there already! I wanna see everyone! ", Anastasia whined.

" They won't leave. So stop whining. ", Snape said as he carried the girl and walked ahead of them towards the Black Lake. He could feel himself getting older everytime he watched over her.

From their position, the area ahead of them looked empty and normal. But magic fools the eye. As soon as they walked closer, their surroundings soon changed. The same Black Lake, but decorated with different kinds. Strings of Fairy lights were hanging in poles and wrapping around them. Floating candles danced in the air. The tables are partnered with delicious looking foods, much better than the ones from the Great Hall. Fireflies floated around. Bouquets of flowers decorated the tables while flowerbeds decorated the ground. It looked absolutely enchanted.

There are also the school staff members who are usually the ones attending her birthday parties. On the far left corner though, a new person can be seen conversing with Madam McGonagall. She's never seen him before.

His hair was bright blonde, almost white as if it had been bleached a hundred times. It reminds her of Draco Malfoy, except this man's hair is lighter. His eyes were also blue, but had a lighter shade unlike hers. Looks to be in his near 30's, looking too young to be considered old, but too old to be considered as a teen or an early adult. He awkwardly positioned himself as he saw the pair approaching.

" Ah! The star of the night has arrived! Let us give her a warm welcome! ", Dumbledore said. The small crowd clapped and smiled tenderly at the little girl. Happy Birthdays and gifts were given which in return, she gave a beaming smile and a loud thanks.

Then came the new person.

Everyone made way as he walked towards Anastasia, giving the two of them space.

" Ehem... Happy Birthday, Anastasia. ", He said in a gentle yet indifferent tone.

" Thank you, sir. ", Anastasia said as she faintly smiled at him, cheecks too tired to move from all the smiling.

Dumbledore stepped up before saying, " Ana, this is Alpheus Glasswater. "

Anastasia's eyes widened in shock as she took the words in.

'Glasswater? Does that mean-'

" He will be your father. The one we told you about. ", He added.

She looked up at the stranger, not a stranger anymore, in shock before smiling sincerely. " Thank you! I'm very thankful for your decision to take me in! I promise I'll never make you regret it! ", She said enthusiastically.

The man, Alpheus Glasswater, gave an awkward nod at the little girl. " Of course, it would be my greatest pleasure to take care of someone in need of help. ", He said with a smile.

The night went along smoothly. The school staffs conversed with each other as it's only one of the few times they can rest and have fun, without having the need to worry about any students.

Anastasia can be seen jumping up and down near the body of water, trying to catch some fireflies, with a tired looking Snape looking after her.

Dumbledore, Alpheus, and McGonagall are enjoying their hot chocolate drink while fondly looking at the pair near the lake.

Vivid | Fred Weasley [A Harry Potter Fanfiction]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें