Prologue

The Black Lake shone with grace under the moonlight

The Black Lake shone with grace under the moonlight. The calming smell of the water, the sound of fireflies gushing at each other, and the sight of the moon reflecting at the water. It was a one of those peaceful nights where there wasn't much to do that Dumbledore was able to go out for a walk.

He paused in front of the lake, taking a moment to adore the mesmerizing sight before him. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

Though that moment was short lived as the sound of aggressive currents appeared.

Dumbledore opened is eyes and found a whirlpool at the lake, it started small, and then became large. There was a gap at the middle of it, as if threatening to let something out. And then, all of a sudden, bright light took form inside the whirlpool before rising. Dumbledore slightly covered his eyes from the bright light while gripping his wand in case of danger.

He watched as the small ball of light evolved into something humanoid in a matter of 10 seconds. First was the body, it looked like a body made of light, no hair, just the body. Then, hair grew from what he assumes is the head. And soon after, something he thinks is a sleeping dress formed, wrapping around the small body.

After about 5 seconds, the light disappeared, yet the body didn't.

The body fell into the lake.

Dumbledore whispered a spell and the body emerged from the lake, floating slowly towards him. Carefully, he put the body down on the ground and inspected it.

It's a child. A girl.

Her short black hair shone just like how the lake did, her pale skin now gaining colors.

The girl doesn't seem to be older than 6.

Just then, hurried footsteps can be heard coming towards him.

" What happened? We noticed a very bright light coming from here. ", Professor McGonagall asked in worry as she and the other professors and staffs walked towards him.

They stopped in their tracks once their eyes laid on the girl.

" W-who?- ", Madam Pomfrey asked.

" I don't know. But what I do know is that this girl, is a miracle. ", Dumbledore answered.

" A miracle? ", Hagrid asked.

" Why I was merely admiring this place moments ago. When suddenly, a whirlpool started to form and a light came out of it, taking a humanoid form which ended up to be this little girl. ", Dumbledore explained.

The school staffs gasped at the information.

They whispered to themselves, already making up theories on what could have caused it.

" What are we going to do with her? ", Professor McGonagall asked.

Dumbledore paused for a bit as he thought of what to do, while the others watched him intently.

" We... are keeping her. But only for a while. We will find her a suitable guardian. And she will study here at Hogwarts once the time comes. It won't be long before the ministry of magic finds out about this. This child's magic is floating everywhere. We need to cover it. "

They all nodded in agreement. Save for Snape and Filch who seemed to be displeased with the new arrival, already looking at her as if she's a new problem to deal with.