01 : Anastasia The Helper

(⁠。⁠•̀⁠ᴗ⁠-⁠)⁠✧

(⁠。⁠•̀⁠ᴗ⁠-⁠)⁠✧

Hogwarts is getting nearer. But this year, Anastasia won't be sent off by her father. This time, it's just Aranel and Lexter. Alpheus had been busy for the past few weeks. Apparently, something important came up in France which is why he needed to go there.

She can't help but feel upset that her father just left for so long without even telling her and only writing to her once.

Right now, Anastasia was just walking around the manor in boredom. She started to wonder random things. What would her dinner be? What shoes should she wear this year? What should her hairstyle be? What does her father's room look like.

Anastasia paused.

What does her father's room look like?

Excitedly, Anastasia turned around and began running back to the direction of her and her father's room. She waved happily at everyone that she passed by. Finally, she arrived in front of her father's room.

She warily looked around first before entering the room.

As expected, it was luxurious. The colours of dark blue, grey, and white greeted her. She mentally reminded herself not to open or touch anything.

The messy blankets and pillows was the evidence that Alpheus was rushing when he left. Though, there was something peeking out under the bed covers.

Anastasia observed the placement of the object first before taking it. It was a photo. A photo of her father and a woman who she has never met before. Except, the woman's face was scratched off. There were knife marks on the part of the picture where her face was.

Strange. Father looked happy in this photo. Was it his past lover? Her rumored mother?

Anastasia placed the photo back to where it was left and fixed its position so it looked untouched before walking out of the room.

She then walked towards their garden's pavilion. She sat down on one of the couches and watched the elves decorate and fix the bushes.

" Are you alright? "

Anastasia didn't need to turn around to know who it was. The voice obviously belonged to Lexter.

" Mhm. "

Lexter then sat to the couch next to her. " You don't look like it though. Is something bothering you? "

Anastasia didn't answer him. Instead, she continued to watch the elves do their works. After a minute of silence, she finally spoke up. " Does father have a past lover? "

" Hm? Why yes of course. "

" What happened to her? And why does father and a lot of people seem to hate her so much? "

It was now Lexter's turn to stay quiet. He seemed to be in deep thought. " Don't tell your father that I told you this but she was quite a wicked and selfish person. Well, quite. "