Part 17

Sahil checked his phone "damm it's 2:30am"
Kiyara : God what a tiring day (stretching her arms)
Sahil : Let's sleep I'll see you in gym at 6:30am ok?
Kiyara : Ya sure...oh no wait, umm I have something to do at 6:30am
Sahil : Don't give reasons di.
Kiyara : I'm not I seriously....oh ya I have basketball match at 6:30 so I'll join you by 7am
Sahil : Match with whom? (Folding his hands)
Kiyara : Karan a guy I bumped today morning in near by court while jogging
Sahil : Ok wish you luck bye
Kiyara : Sure bye
Sahil kept the food tray on her table put off the lights closed her door and went

Kiyara closed her eyes but was still not sleepy was rolling herself from one side to other side she picked up her phone and opened Ridan's photo.
Got up and started talking to him about her daily routine "Today I was been attacked by fellow people and my fake fiancé helped me get out of it and soo on she started" talking to Ridan like this was her daily routine from the day she saw him on Instagram she started talking to him in this way, it's been almost 3 years now. She suddenly stopped in between while narrating him her eventful day"And then...wait you getting married soon right? Huh I won't talk to you anymore so ya bye" got angry and threw her phone on bed and went of to sleep.

Next morning
Kiyara woke up wore her jogging suit and reached court at 6:30am. Karan was already on court playing with ball.
Karan : Hey beautiful I thought you will ditch me
Kiyara : I can ditch you not match
Karan : Smart, let's start and passed the ball to Kiyara

On the basketball court, casting a warm glow over the players as Karan and Kiyara faced off in a match. The sound of dribbling echoed against the empty bleachers, punctuated by the occasional swish of the ball through the hoop. And the game began, within no time goal was done by Kiyara.
Kiyara - 1, Karan - 0

Karan: "Damm it, your moves are too smart."
Game went ahead, while dribbling the ball Karan asked "Btw, your problem I said about..."

Kiyara : Oh that been solved already (spoke while focusing on ball)

Karan frowned, slowing his moves. "What??"

Kiyara made a move and it was 2-0

Karan's heart sank, a mix of sadness and frustration swirling inside him. He wanted to be there for Kiyara, ready to lend a hand.

Karan: "Ohh nicee...You really did great work?"

Kiyara looked up at him, "It wasn't me tho some one helped me out."

Karan: Someone? Who? (Curious and confused)

Kiyara: "Why are you so curious about my problem?, and who exactly helped me even I'm curious about it."

Karan : "You don't know who helped you? Are you kidding me?"

Kiyara : "it's a bit complicated for me too but anyway you don't need to worry I'll help myself so cool down"

The words hit Karan like a punch to the gut. He felt a surge of anger and hurt, wondering who could have stepped in to assist Kiyara when he was willing to do anything for her.

Karan: *forcing a smile* "Oh, I see. Well, I'm glad you got the help you needed."

Despite his efforts to hide his disappointment, Kiyara could sense the tension between them.

Kiyara: "What's with you face? Why so tensed?."

Karan took a deep breath, trying to push aside his feelings. But it still stung to know that someone else had been able to provide the support she needed.

Karan: "Noting let's start."

With a heavy heart, Karan resumed the game, trying to focus on the court in front of him rather than the ache in his chest. And as they played on, he played very fiercely this time because he couldn't digest someone helped her and it was not him.
Kiyara - 2, Karan - 4

Kiyara : Damm....You such a good player, glad I got someone stronger to play along. (Catching her breath, squatted down)
Karan : Thanx. I won so you have to treat me and accept my gift. (Catching his breath)
Kiyara : Pick up place and time and message me.
Karan : Your id? Opening his Insta account
Kiyara : Kiyara2102

Karan sent her friend request "done, I'll msg you,wait a min" he went to grab his bag came near her opened the bag and gave her the gift box "here now it's officially yours"

Karan stood across her, his heart pounding in his chest as he watched Kiyara unwrap the gift he had carefully chosen for her.

As Kiyara peeled back the wrapping paper, her eyes widened in surprise, a soft gasp escaping her lips as she lifted the lid of the box. Inside was a delicate necklace, a shimmering silver chain adorned with a small pendant in the shape of a basketball.

Kiyara: *speechless, looking up at Karan* "This is so beautiful."

Karan: *smiling nervously* "I'm glad you like it"

Kiyara's fingers traced the outline of the pendant, her eyes shining with emotion as she looked back at Karan.

Kiyara: *voice filled with gratitude* "Thank you, Karan. This is really amazing."

Karan's heart swelled with happiness, relieved and overjoyed that his gift had brought a smile to Kiyara's face. He had been unsure if she would like it, but seeing her reaction made all the effort worth it.

As Kiyara slipped the necklace around her neck, Karan couldn't help but stare at her, his gaze lingering on the pendant that now rested against her skin. In that moment, he realized just how much he cared for her, and how he would do anything to see her happy.

Kiyara caught his eye and smiled, her expression filled with warmth and affection. Karan was happy to see her smile.

Kiyara : I got to go msg me the place
Karan : Sure, bye

And she left the court and headed to gym. Karan's eyes glued on her till she disappeared in thin air.