Zoro | Recovery

Notes:

Takes place after the fight at Baratie

I had an idea, started writing, then completely forgot the idea half way through so... not my proudest work but I tried.

Art: idk if anyone knows lmk

Requested by DhritiAgarwal470   hope you enjoy <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, how're you feeling?" You ask sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Meh, I've been through worse." He says flexing as you gently run your hand over his chest.

"I should probably come back in a couple of hours to redo your bandages and check your stitches." You say getting off the bed.

Zoro grabs your wrist before you can so much as turn around. "You don't have to leave if you don't want to." He mumbles.

"Do you want me to stay?" You ask, feeling blush rising up your face.

"I mean if you want to stay you can." He mumbles his face heating up.

"Okay then." You mumble sitting back down. You had always had a crush on Zoro ever since you joined the strawhats and recently you were starting to think he liked you back, but with Zoro's communication skills or lack of, it was hard to tell.

Zoro doesn't realize that he's still holding onto your wrist until you gently tug your arm back. He quickly lets go of your hand and mumbles a small apology. You sit in silence for a few moments until you speak up.

"So, what's the deal with you and Hawkeye?"

"Huh, what do you mean?"

"It sounded like you knew each other."

"No we've never met but he's my rival. My life's goal is to beat him and become the world's greatest swordsman." Zoro says looking out the window with determination.

"Mihawk currently holds that title right?"

"For now."

You smile relieved that this loss hadn't impacted his warrior-like spirit. Zoro notices your gaze and a small smirk forms on his face. He shifts a little closer to you and his hand gently brushes against yours.

"How long do you think I'll have to wait until I can go back to training?" Zoro asks trying to keep the conversation going.

You sigh and pause for a moment to think. "Usually I would say around a month at least, the wound is pretty deep. But knowing you, maybe a few weeks as long as you're careful."

Zoro nods and the conversation runs silent. It's a peaceful silence and you eventually zone out. Zoro watches you carefully before gently sliding his hand over a little more to grab on to yours.

You snap out of your trance and look over at him blush clearly visible on your face. "Y/n, I was wondering if maybe after I'm healed up a little more, would you like to hang out with me sometime? Like just the two of us." He mumbles, his face beet red.

"Like a date?" You respond, your face equally as red as his. Zoro nods. "Yeah, I'd like that."

"Okay. Thank you." Zoro squeezes your hand a little and flashes you a small smile. Zoro yawns and leans against you. "Now that this is a thing you don't mind if I take a nap do you?" He says closing his eyes.

"Wait what do you mean?"

"Huh?" Zoro says looking up at you.

"Like, when you said 'now that this is a thing' what did you mean?" You ask excited.

"Aren't we dating now?" Zoro asks confused.

"Are we?!"

"If you want I guess." Zoro says closing his eyes again.

You smile and squeeze his hand. You see his mouth twitch into a small smile before his chest starts to rise and fall in a rhythmic pattern. You try to pull away but Zoro frowns and pulls closer.

"Stay." He mumbles pulling you against his chest.

"You sleep for hours, what if I get hungry?" You tease carefully wrapping your arms around him, your face starting to cool down as you become more comfortable.

"Mmm that sucks. Go ask that shitty waiter to make you something." He says embracing you in his arms.

"You're not gonna make me something?" You ask feigning sadness.

"I don't think that curly brow pervert would appreciate me burning the kitchen down."

"I suppose not." You say with a yawn.

"Just stay and sleep with me. It'll help me recover."

"Are you gonna ask nicely?" You say softly, starting to drift off.

"No. Why would I need to when you're already asleep."

"I'm not asleep yet." You mumble.

"Mhmm, keep telling yourself that." Zoro says pulling you a little closer. It doesn't take long for you to fall asleep against him and once he's sure you're completely passed out he presses a light kiss to your forehead before falling asleep himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 747

Rude comments will not be tolerated thanks ilysm <3