Usopp | Why him?

Notes:

Art: idk if anyone knows pls lmk

Requested by Zaria109 hope  you enjoy <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's such a lovely day out isn't it?" Robin says sipping on her summer drink provided by Sanji.

"Agreed, it's been so long since we've visited a summer island." Nami says flipping through her magazine.

"I know right, I can't wait to visit the beach and swim." You add.

"Do you and Usopp have anything special planned while we're here?" Nami asks you with a sly smile.

You look away from her as you feel the blush slowly creeping up your face. "Umm I'm not sure. He's been pretty busy working on something new."

"He has been in his shop for a while, shouldn't you go check on him." Nami teases.

"Oh shut up." You huff as Robin and Nami laugh.

"It's time for lunch!" Sanji yells from the kitchen.

"Are you gonna go get him now?" Nami smirks.

You sigh and get up. "I probably should, but not because you told me to."

"Mhmm sure. Don't take too long."

You roll your eyes as you make your way over to his workshop. You gently knock on the door before peeking in. "Hey Usopp, Sanji said lunch is ready."

Usopp turns around and gives you a tired smile. "You go ahead I want to finish up what I'm working on first."

"I don't mind waiting for you sweetheart." You say taking a seat next to him.

"Are you sure? I think you should probably go eat something."

"I want to wait with you though. Are you trying to get rid of me, do you really not want me around anymore?" You tease.

Usopp casts you a light glare. "Don't twist my words like that. I won't be too long I just want to adjust a couple things in Nami's clima-tact."

"Is there something wrong with it?"

"Not exactly, some of the clouds aren't coming out though and I'm not entirely sure why. I thought the holes were blocked but that's not it."

"Hmm that's odd."

"Right." He sighs. "I don't know what to do."

"Do you want some help?"

"It's alright I should be able to figure it out. Nami might need it soon so I need to fix it quickly."

"Take your time sweetheart, I'll wait for you."

Usopp smiles and pecks your cheek. "Thanks, sorry for making you wait. I'll make it up to you I promise."

"You can make it up to me by telling me one of your stories."

"You mean my adventures." Usopp corrects.

"Whatever you say."

"They are real adventures!" He says turning away from the clima-tact to look at you.

"Do you honestly think I believe that you were swallowed by a whale?"

"I was! Ask Luffy or Zoro even Nami, they'll tell you!"

"Mhmm sure, you should continue your work." You say gently nudging him.

Usopp sighs and continues tinkering with the weapon. "Have I ever told you about the time ran into a warlord while fighting a sea king?"