Crocodile | Gone

Notes:

!!TW: Death, Mention of Suicide!!

Takes place during Marineford

Art: belongs to mitch0o on zerochan - https://www.zerochan.net/383443 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were his love, his life, his reason for living. You meant the world to him and he meant everything to you, neither could live without the other. You were there for him through everything. Always supporting him through thick and thin, through the good days and the bad ones. You would hold him close when the nights were long, and write to him everyday he was in jail. You never judged him. Not when he told you how he lost his hand, how he got his scar, about his weakness or when he confessed his feelings, you always stayed by his side, that's how it always was and always supposed to be. He never should have left you.

After Luffy freed him he promised to help him free Ace during the battle at Marineford. He told you about the deal, you begged him to let you come with him.

"Please. I can help, I can fight. I can't let you go alone, what if something happens and I'm not there. What if..."

"No my love. I can't risk this, I can't risk losing you. I promise I'll come home and once I do, we'll explore the new world together and I'll never leave your side again. I promise, so please, wait for me Y/n, I'll be back soon my love."

After he said his final goodbye to you, you snuck aboard the ship and remained hidden. You didn't reveal yourself to him even during the battle. You were there to keep an eye on him so he wouldn't get hurt and you knew that if he saw you he wouldn't be able to concentrate, which would make things a lot worse.

You were staying hidden and then you saw it. A marine sneaking through the battle aiming for Crocodile. He had already sustained multiple injuries and showed no sign of having seen the man sneaking up on him. Before you could think your legs started moving on their own taking you to the marine.

Crocodile noticed you first, he noticed the marine second, he noticed both too late.

It happened too quickly for him to react. One second you were standing there in front of him, the next you were on the ground a pool of blood starting to form around you. He scooped you up and ran away to a quieter part of the battle. He didn't notice he was crying until you wiped some tears off his face. You were talking to him, trying to reassure him, but he didn't hear you.

"I'm sorry Y/n, I'm so sorry. That was supposed to be for me. But you- I'm so sorry."

"Hey Crocodile, don't be upset I'm gonna be fine. This is nothing. Once this is over we'll go explore the new world together just like you wanted so don't cry okay."

"I'm so sorry."

He stayed with you until the very end.

After the battle was over he went back to Arabasta and holed himself in his room. Nothing anyone said helped. Mr. 1 brought food which remained uneaten, even Mihawk dropped by once or twice but it was futile. Crocodile was nothing more then a shell of the man he once was.

It was your birthday when he finally made the decision. He went to your grave, just like he did everyday since you had died. He sat beside you wearing his giant coat that you loved to have draped around you.

"I'm coming my love just wait a bit longer. I'm so sorry for everything. You deserved so much more than me."

By the end of the day a second grave was placed next to yours and you and your lover were finally reunited in the stars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 624

Rude comments will not be tolerated thanks ilysm <3