29

Neo's house in Pretoria 📍|11:23pm

Yoh yoh yoh yoh yoh yoh yoh!

The yoohs Minenhle yoohed is that house,she couldn't believe some parents honestly.

"A whole ten million rand loan?"Minenhle says, causing Mrs Zungu to look at her and she sits next to her.

"Yes ma'am."Mrs Zungu answers and Minenhle scoffs.

"What did they use it for?"She asks and Mrs Zungu shurgs her shoulders.

"How do you feel? Number one."Mrs Zungu says and Minenhle laughs.

"I don't know."

"And then you and Neo being comedians?"

"I told you mom,it's inside jokes."Thabo says coming to lie his head on Mrs Zungu's lap and Mrs Zungu smiles as she rubs his head.

"Now it's your turn."Mrs Zungu says and Neo clears his throat as Thabo looks at him.

Minenhle just continues to paint Mrs Zungu's nails."About that?Eish!"

"What's wrong?"Mrs Zungu asks and Thabo sits up straight.

"I'm actually guy mom."

"How long have you known?"Mrs Zungu asks and looks at her finger to see Minenhle painting her nails.

"For a few years now. I had to hide that side of me so I don't disappoint you but I realise now that I should've been honest at first but I was scared of how you will look at me."Thabo explains and Mrs Zungu sighs heavily as Minenhle tries to distract her so she doesn't overthink.

"Wow,it's like your father knew when he said the first two sons get married."Mrs Zungu says and looks at Minenhle."Thank you, Mimi."

"Pleasure ma, sometimes you need to look like a hot grandmother."She says and Neo and Sipho laugh."I love how you grow your nails."

"Why don't you grow yours?"

"They don't grow the way I want them to so I'll put fake ones until I'm tired."Minenhle says as she takes her Tupperware bottle and takes a large gulp of water.

"Okay sisi omncane, anyways,Thabo, be yourself,my child. Nobody can be you besides you. I guess it's I can't wait to meet my son in-law."Mrs Zungu says and she gets up.

Thabo gets up and they hug each other. Minenhle takes her phone,swipes to the camera and takes a video. This was too cute for them.

"But ma, I don't understand something."Neo says and Minenhle looks at him as she saves the videos.

"What don't you understand?"Mrs Zungu asks and looks at him.

"He kissed girls,dated girls. When did the feeling start?"

"I just went with what the standard of men was,I was too afraid to disappoint mom,you and Sipho and mostly dad and grandfather."He says and Neo shakes his head.

"Neo,it's like marrying a woman you don't love but is the perfect wife and the parents approve of her."Minenhle explains and Thabo smiles.

"True."Sipho says as Mrs Zungu nods her head.

"Take your time with accepting Thabo,he's still your brother,just that he doesn't like women like that but he's still your blood. I'm sure he still likes cow head and beer while watching soccer on a Saturday afternoon."Mrs Zungu says and Neo rubs his head.

"Take your time, there's no rush. I also took time accepting my situation."Minenhle explains and Neo looks at her and then his brother, Thabo who is staring at him.

Saturday|8:30am

Saturday|8:30am

They all stand at the graveyard of Sibusiso Nkosi and Neo looks around to see his family members.

He sees Asanda and Minenhle standing across him as they are not talking to each other. His cousin and brother was finally buried but it hurts his soul that it was because of cheating.

He looks at Thabo who is looking at her,he couldn't come to accept his young brother liking men,he knows it happens but after so many years he confessed himself otherwise.

"Bafo."Sipho whispers and he is cut from the train of thought as Sipho looks at Thato and sees her there with a headscarf around her shoulders.

"Thato?"Mrs Zungu says and Neo looks at her.

"Ma?Can I please have a place to stay?The landlord kicked me out of the apartment since I couldn't keep up with rent and my boyfriend doesn't want me anymore."Thato explains and Minenhle looks at Neo.

Neo looks at Thato and then away from her."Of course. We can't let the decisions of one individual ruin the other relationships."Mrs Zungu says and Minenhle looks at Neo and shakes her head.

She decides to walk away, Neo looks at her and he follows her."Where are you going?"Neo asks and she scoffs.

He holds her hand and she pulls it away from him."Home. I need air."

"Don't do this,what did I do wrong?"

"Why don't you take Thato in?"

"I know you want to save everyone's problems but I have to think before I make decisions Minenhle. It's me, you, Lyric and now Asanda. I still have to deal with my own thoughts and emotions when I don't want to stress you so please calm down."Neo whispers and she exhales heavily.

"I want to go see my father."She says."I miss him and also my grandmother."She says and Neo nods his head.

"I know that void so well,you can go but can we get this over and done with."Neo pleads with her and she nods her head.

Neo pulls her closer, kisses her forehead."I'm sorry, I wanted to be there for Thato."

"I knew and she has a place now, thanks to mom."Neo says and rubs Minenhle's back."I love you."

"I love you too."