04

Omniscient

"Ahhhh!"Minenhle wakes up immediately and quickly sits up. She looks around the room and sees that she is still at the Zungu residence. She gets up from the bed and takes off her hoodie and she is left with only her sports bra.

She decides to tidy up the place and she's done also unboxing her new iPad. She takes the plastics out and to the kitchen where there is a bin.

She stops in her tracks when she sees Neo stirring his coffee and starring outside the window since there is table facing the kitchen window and so whenever a person sat in the kitchen they could see the pool and the grass and washing line.

"I thought you would be sleeping."Neo says and Minenhle looks at him.

"Had a bad dream."She says and she starts to boil water for herself to make coffee. She stands by the kettle and observes him."What's up with you?"

"What do you mean?"She folds her arms and Neo looks at her with a frown.

"Your mood was down since last night when you went to sleep."

"You won't understand."

"Why?"The kettle is the done and she pours the sugar,milk and coffee.

"You are still young to understand."

"I'm legal so enlight me."She challenges him and he smirks. He rubs his eyes and exhales.

Minenhle sits next to him and faces him while stirring her coffee."It's my ex-girlfriend's wedding day today."

"Are you going to ambush it today?"Minenhle asks with a smile and Neo looks at her in a weird way.

"No."Neo says sternly."I just miss her so much."Neo says and Minenhle nods her head."She's my daughter's mother and I must say my first love."Neo smiles causing Minenhle to return the smile.

"What are you going to miss about her?"

"Being able to make her smile,being able to wake up everyday and see her next to me and also how she handles Lyric in such a gentle way."Minenhle nods her drinks her coffee.

She sees Neo wiping his eyes."Are you guys at least like friends?"

"She doesn't want to know anything about me unless it's about Lyric like Lyric's birthday is in two days and there will be a party here."Minenhle furrows her head as Neo explains his love life when her.

"Do you think she misses you?"

"Naw. She's still angry because I'm the one who broke her heart."Minenhle looks down and nods her head."Thing is my love life has been a mess since she left me and I think it's for how I treated her while she was with me."

Minenhle takes her hand and puts it on his shoulder."I'm sure wherever she is she misses you."

"Thing is I am not her first love so to her I'm nothing special." Minenhle puts the cup down and uses both her hands to turn Neo's chair to face her.

"Gosh,you are heavy."She says with a little giggle. She lifts Neo's chin and looks at him."You shouldn't beat yourself up, don't doubt your place in her heart and maybe she is still hurt by the issues of the relationship."She wipes the tears from his eyes and exhales."Be gentle on yourself,Neo. Please."

Neo furrows his eyebrows and nods his head. Minenhle wraps her arms around Neo's neck and Neo wides his eyes."Thanks sweetheart."He whispers and wraps his arm around Minenhle's waist.

"Pleasure Neo."She whispers and pats his back. She backs away from the hug but Neo tightens his grip."Okayyy."

"Just a few minutes, please."He whispers and he looks at her ass.

"Fine."She says and she inhales his scent.

"This man will be the death of me."She says in her mind.