10

"What the hell is this!!?"A loud voice is heard causing Minenhle to run out of the room and runs downstairs

"Enhle- no!"Dineo shouts as she reaches the lounge room and Minenhle furrows her eyes seeing Sibusiso,Sipho,Thabo and Neo with their heads down as a man in his seventies shouts at them."Let's go before h-"

"What are you doing here,Dineo?"The man asks and all the men lifts their heads seeing Minenhle looking at the man with wonder and confusion.

"Sorry,she just got lost."

"Wait a damn minute?What is the missing girl in South Africa doing in KwaZulu-Natal!??"The man looks at the men and smacks his lips."I see you what to do this the hard way."Mr Zungu takes his gun out and loads it. He aims at Sibusiso and looks at Sipho.

"Dad, please."

"I hate asking a question twice!Answer me!"

"Malume!"Dineo comes closer to him which causes Mr Zungu to shoot a photo and reloads the gun.

"I was going to be sold to a human trafficking syndicate and so I ran to Neo's house for safety!"Minenhle explains as tears start to fall down on her face."It's my own fault."

"Neo,don't start with me,neh."Mr Zungu looks at his first-born and holds the gun to point it at Neo.""

"I love her Baba,I can't live without her. Please hear me out. We found that dos Santos Junior is doing human trafficking again and also we killed William and Simphiwe. They were going to take her to Spain, Baba."Neo explains and stands up with his hands in his pockets.

"Sit down boy."

"No dad. Why must everytime things have to be violate before there is peace?Look at how you are acting right now,dad I know I must respect you but everytime you do this when it is a family ceremony,it becomes difficult because I lose respect for you. Please sit down, allow Minenhle to explain the story because now she is in tears."Neo sighs,hating to be tough on his father but he has to be.

"Nkosinathi,please sit down."A gentle says causing Minenhle to have hiccups now, Minenhle didn't like noise, especially since that is how she was woken up,her family was filled with noise and shouting.

She remembers days when her uncle would manhandle her grandmother,when her mother and uncle would fight after her uncle came home drunk and how her mother turned her pain for Minenhle's father leaving her to anger and resentment.

"I am sorry my love."Neo whispers as he whispers to Minenhle and wraps his arms around her waist and he rubs her back. Minenhle releases a heart-wrenching cry as she remembers her childhood that she hasn't healed. Her mother's words playing at the back of her head.

"You are twenty and are still doing grade 11. You are so dumb."

"You are not worth love...I should have aborted you... all you do is sit,eat and sleep."

"I wish I threw you somewhere far away in the bin."

"You are bitch,look at you failing the grade twice."

"Look at Susan doing so well and she's getting A's only. She's so perfect."

That time Susan is a cousin of Minenhle who sneaked out to go to a house party of a famous athlete,got drunk,had sex and fell pregnant. Susan ran away from home when she found out she is pregnant and she lost a scholarship to Stellenbosch University.

"Let it out mama. Don't shut me out,Mimi. I am so so sorry for hurting you."Neo whispers as he rubs her back and Minenhle has her arms wrapped around Neo's neck and she is sniffing.

"Thank you Neo."she whispers as she rubs her tears using the hands of the pajamas and Neo rocks her left and right.

He pulls away from the hug,holds both her cheeks and lifts her head up. He looks at her in her chocolate brown eyes,he sighs heavily feeling that her heart has been broken by so many people and she just wants to feel free and safe.

Loved and appreciated is what she deserves."Let me introduce you to my crazy family before things go forward from here."Neo lifts his eyes seeing his cousin's wife and kids looking at them."The man and woman standing at the fireplace is my mom and dad."

Minenhle looks up and sees the parents and waves at them. The mother waves back and while the father keeps his head down since he feels ashamed of his actions towards a stranger who has seen how he treats his sons and nephew but it's what he calls tough love.

"When you turn around,you see Sibusiso's fiancee, Sihle Nkosi and their daughter, Thato Modiselle."Minenhle turns around and sees a short beautiful woman with a pixie haircut and curves for days.

While she swifts to be on a girl she fangirls about for days,Thato Modiselle. Thato's content is raw and rare,she loves that about her,it's Thato's podcasts that got her through the hard times and now here is Thato standing in front of her.

Thato walks to her with open arms and Minenhle allows the hug."I was wondering where you were, Minenhle. Ohh,the whole country was actually in shock but I hope they will know you are safe."

"Thank you for mentioning it on your podcast."

"It's a pleasure,you know how South Africa is unsafe for us females."Thato replies and looks at Neo.

"You guys know each other?"Thabo asks making sure to break the awkwardness in this road and they both nod.

"She's a regular listener so when I didn't see her comments as usual,I asked people in the comment section,not that I am in desperate need for views or anything but because I was concerned. I even told mom."Thato explains while rubbing Minenhle's back.

"Ohhhh,this is thee Minenhle?"Sihle asks causing Thato to hit her forehead and Minenhle laughs."I was lost for a moment,awoa Thato."

"Yes mom,it's her. I even messaged you on IG but dololo,you didn't reply. And I asked people on the internet to help me find you."Thato looks at everyone that are looking at Minenhle in awe.

"We are glad she is safe now."Mrs  Zungu says and everyone nods their heads except for Mr Zungu who is quiet.

"Yeah."Neo replies and holds Minenhle tightly and rubs her back.

"Okay,let's all get ready for the ceremony."Dineo claps her hands and goes to Minenhle."I'll take care of her from her, buthi Neo."

Neo kisses her forehead and let's her go."That was tense."

"Very. Even Malume is still ashamed."

"Is he always that dramatic?"

"Very, especially when it's a family ceremony. Oh,it's just a ceremony for us family members so it's not going to be the whole family of Nkosi and Zungu here. It's just us who you have met."

"What about Lyric?"

"Ohh sana,you should talk to Neo about it because it's back to Elizabeth not wanting anything to do with Neo and his moods."Dineo explains as she stands by the door with arms folded and watches as Minenhle washes her face with Garnier Skinactive Clay.

"Has she always been like that?"

"Yes ma'am but this time it's over the top. She's just too much now. I hate that she still gets under Neo's skin."

"Yeah. I understand what you are saying."

"I'm glad you do."Dineo smiles seeing that her and Minenhle are connecting with each other.