13

Two weeks later.

She puts the bag down and takes off the blazer. She looks at unzips her skirt but then hears her phone rings.

She turns around from the half mirror she is looking at herself from,she walks to her blazer and unzips the small pocket that hides in the blazer.

She pulls out her phone and looks at the screen to see it's Neo. He finally calls her after two weeks of them texting and him writing letters like the old soul he is.

"Zungu."She bites her lip and he chuckles.

"I'm outside."

"Are you serious?"She furrows her eyes while she pulls the zip back up,changes her school shoes to the Puma slides he gave to her and she wears them incase she misses him.

He also misses having her around and also someone who is having a hard time adapting to the fact that she is no longer there is Lyric.

Even through they call each other, Miss Khumalo made sure to always listen to their conversations and always bad-mouth Lyric and talks about her in a negative light.

When Minenhle tries to defeat her,her aunty, Sindisiwe accuses her of being overly rude and miss Khumalo acts to the idea that Minenhle is a bad child but it's not the case as she is just rebelling against her due to how Miss Khumalo raised her.

"I am. Come out and see me, please."Neo says and Minenhle opens the door. She sees her mother and Ntate Moruti,who stands a few centimetres from the mother and Minenhle."Enhle?"

"I can't see you."Minenhle says, making firm eye contact with her mother and she keeps her head down.

"You don't have to come out, Ijust want to see you face to face."Neo convinces her remembering that he saw a man and woman entering into the gate.

Minenhle walks away and mutes the call to greet Ntate Moruti."Hello Ntate."She puts her hand out and Ntate Moruti takes it.

"Hello my child,how are you?"

"I am okay. I am just adapting to my numb."

"That's good."Ntate Moruti nods his head and Minenhle walks away after looking at her mother keep staring at her with so much resentment and anger.

She holds her gate,unmutes the call and smiles seeing Neo."Good to see you."Neo goes on and smiles."I miss you and also Lyric misses you."

"How are you guys coping?"

"Lyric got a suspension again since she backchatted a teacher and fought with two girls who were bullying her. Even Elizabeth asked me to thank you for the impact you have on her. She apologize that her cousin,Miami tipped the police off."Neo stands behind the boot of his Audi A8 Quattro."I need to hold you MaKhumalo."

"I know. I also miss your arms around me."Minenhle swifts her eyes to the person staring at her and only to find it's her mother.

"I'll make a plan to see you,even the woman staring at you heavily will see how the fuck I love you, Minenhle. I fucking love you, Minenhle."Neo goes on and Minenhle wipes the tear that slides down her face.

She bites her lip, feeling like she could run across the road and squeeze her in a hug."I have been feeling like stabbing my heart with a knife,maybe people will be at peace."

"Don't do it baby,think about me and Lyric,not even about me then but about my fucking daughter, Minenhle. It's enough as it is. Don't it my love."Neo whispers as he sees Minenhle holding the gate firmly."I love you so much. I'll make a plan to see you. Oh and your mom got a restraining order against me so I can't come any closer to you and her."

"You have to be joking!"Minenhle lifts her eyes and looks at her mother who keeps staring at her and watches how her daughter is acting."You know what, before she calls the FBI."

"We will fight and fight against this baby,okay?"

"Okay."He says and she nods her head."Use your words baby."

"Okay Zungu."

"I love you, Minenhle. I don't know when I felt like this but you are definitely my soulmate. You make me wake up every day and look forward to the day I finally fetch you. Hold on because it is about to be a bumpy ride."

"I am definitely holding on."Minenhle smiles and Neo nods his head.

"Send me a white heart when you are alone."

"I will."

"Call you later."After they say their goodbyes,Neo lifts a peace sign and Minenhle does the unthinkable and she blows a kiss before looking at her mother.

She walks back into the house and sits down on the two seater sofa while the pastor sits on the one seater sofa and her mother sits on the three seater sofa.

"Your mother brought me here so we can talk about your recent behaviour since you have been back."

"They fed her drugs and alcohol,this is one is at my mother's gate blowing kisses and calling her man."Mary points to Minenhle and Minenhle looks at her shocked."She is disrespectful this girl."

"What happened in that house Minenhle?"

"They treated me like a human being,they are definitely the family I wished I had fifteen years ago when she pushed me until I became unconscious. It's the family I wished I had when I entered into the tween stage and when I needed closure when my father left us."Minenhle bows her head down and releases heart-wrenching tears.

"Did you know about this Mary?"

"I did-"

"You act like you care in front of the strangers, family members and your friends! Oh and don't get me started on your colleagues."Minenhle clicks her tongue and stands up.

"Don't worst your time Ntate Moruti with this one. I want absolutely nothing but to be left alone by her and the family. I want peace in my life."

"Why don't you forget her?"

"I can't so that she can tell me how she doesn't want me."Minenhle bends down and bows her head.

She has never had such an outburst but happy that at least someone she doesn't know why she is rude and rebellious will finally know.

"If you were given an opportunity to go back to Pretoria would you?"

"In a blink of an eye,you don't have to ask me twice. Even in m dreams,if you would ask me that question,I would choose to become a member of the Zungu family. Fifteen years of feeling like I don't belong here accusing me of so many negative things I didn't do."Minenhle takes deep breaths as she wipes the tears away.

"It's the drugs. I'm sure she's pregnant."Mary folds her arms and crosses her legs.

"Fuck you."Minenhle whispers, stands up and walks back to the room as she slams the door.

She walks around the bedroom as she takes deep breaths and asks the Lord for forgiveness.

She felt guilty of how the conversation went but atleast it's out there.

Ugh! Life!

Had to rewrite the first half of this chapter since Wattpad was acting up🙄😤