Chapter elleven

As we headed inside, the bell was ringing, I had math next with Damon, which was a relief.

"We have math, Damen," I said as we both headed towards class.

"Katie!" Someone yelled, I turned around, Bella was rushing over, and she didn't look happy.

Oh my God! I totally forgot about Bella... but who can blame me? Being chased by monsters that no one else can see has distracted me.

"What happened? I waited for you, I even got your food, but you never showed up," she looked frustrated.

I froze and looked slightly at Damen. Her eyes went straight to him. She stared at him for a minute.

"Hey Damon," she smiled and nodded, then looked over at me

"Come on, both of you, you can't get another detention, Katie," she said, and she grabbed my arm and headed to maths.

How come she didn't ask why he was with me? She greeted him like she's friends with him?

We got to class, I sat with Bella, and Damon sat just behind me, I could feel his cold stare behind my back, sending me a slight shiver.

Oh, I'm not going to get used to this anytime soon, I rubbed my neck to get it away, but it didn't work.

I leaned to Bella, "arnt you going to ask why Damen is with me?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah, I know," she said simply.

I frowned, and she looked at my confused face.

"He's your soon to be husband," she said.

"What?!" I said a bit too loud, making everyone stare in my direction, I blushed, looking down at my hands.

"Katie, you okay?" Bella asked.

I nodded, too confused, and I couldn't process everything. It's confusing me so bad.

*

Once the bell rang, we all headed to our last class science, which I actually enjoyed as we were doing biology. It's interesting to know genes and why people get more brown eyes than they do blue when one of the parents have one and then the other.

I relized as we were coming to our class Damen was in a different one, which made me nervous but also glad as I'll be able to think better which his cold dead stare making chills go down my spine.

I turned to him, and his gaze went to mine,

What if another creature comes to get me while I'm in class without him? No one else can see them but me.

"D-Damen, will I be okay by myself?" I asked.

He leaned over and sniffed near my neck, and I couldn't help but blush.

"What are you doing?" I asked, unable to move.

"The good smell is gone, your eyes aren't fully open yet, you will be okay," he said, Then he turned and started heading to his class.

I grabbed his arm, and he turned to me.

"A-are you sure? What if... one... come to me when I'm... alone?" I said, feeling myself shake.

"Not if they can't smell you, but I'll know if you aren't safe as I can smell you," he had a slight smirk but then went back to no emotion.

I sighed a relief.

"Come on Katie, we have class," Bella said dragging me along, "you can talk to your soon to be husband later, you both got a whole life to be together," she giggled.