Chapter seven

Nothing worser than being 17 and having to do cleaning, cooking, laundry, homework, and pay bills. A parent does that, not a minor and if child services court wind of my living conditions and my mother's condition especially. She will get thrown in a mental hospital, and I'll be in an orphanage.

I can't allow that to happen, and I won't. I worked hard to make sure no one noticed my life and kept my mother content and away from everyone.

From having a crying moment, I wiped my eyes, got up, and headed out to clean up the mess my mother left while I was at school, cleaned up her room and kitchen, and put on dinner. We can't afford good food, so I make easy meals, I decided to put on two minute noodles in a pot and started boiling it. Once it was done, I put two bowls down and served us both some food, making sure to add seasoning.

I headed towards my mother, taking careful steps, "Mum? I finished dinner," I said, and she looked at me in disgust and grabbed the bowl out my hand, and focused back on the TV.

Before I could go back upstairs with my bowl.

"Get me another beer child," she called out.

I got her another and passed it to her and quickly went upstairs before she decided to hurt me again.

Slamming my door shut, I locked it, sighing in relief. I was safe from her destruction. At least she's fed, has her beer, and watches TV.

I looked at my bedroom and sighed, I had a mattress on the floor, an old worn-out desk with a horribly uncomfortable chair pushed under it. I had draws that was second hand, with all my clothes. Some Bella has given me so that not all my clothes were worn out, and it helped so people couldn't tell I lived poor.

I had make-up stashed under my bed that Bella also got me, I don't know what I'll do without her, honestly.

I laid on my mattress and pulled out all my homework and assignments, and started working while eating my noodles.

After hours of work, my eyes started to close, and next minute, I woke up, and it was night time, I grabbed my phone next to me and got blinded by the bright light.

Ouch! Well, I definitely see the light now. It's imprinted in my brain.

I sighed seeing it's 3:00 o'clock, I tried going back to sleep but I couldn't, I felt irritated, restless. So I sat up rubbing my eyes.

My heart started racing how dark my room was. It must be windy outside as the wind howling into my room, coursing  me to think something trying to get in.

I grabbed a night light I kept under my pillow and switched it on. It was a gift my father gave me on my fith birthday when I had night terrors, and I had it since. It works like a charm as I instantly calmed down when the colourful lights beamed the room, and I smiled.

I placed it next to me, and I closed my eyes again, letting sleep take me.

*

Russelling noise had me opening my eyes, and I gasped at how dark my room was now.

What the hell?!

I looked beside my bed, and my nightlight wasn't there. More russling noise made me spring back into my bed and under my blanket.

Oh God, what is that noise?

I was beyond terrified, I couldn't move, and my breathing was shaking.

The noise stopped, and I peaked from under my blanket to see nothing but darkness. Only the slight light from the moonlight showed a dark outline of my room.

That's when I saw a dark figure in the corner of my room, my whole body froze but my eyes as I moved to two pair of red eyes that stared at me through the darkness and once I gasped a dark spiky teeth appeared into a smile.

But I couldn't move, I couldn't run, my whole body was paralysed and couldn't help but whimper when it decided to come closer to me very slowly whispering something I couldn't understand

Oh God, no.

"M....m....m....ma...me....mat......mea....."

My whole body was shaking, my breathing quickened, and I had tears rolling down my face.

I'm going to die.

I finally shut my eyes when it got to my mattress.

I felt very ice-cold wind near my face,

"Mate or meat," I heard a dark evil sound right near my face. Then it cackled, and when I started sobbing, I felt something lick my neck to my face.

"AHH!" I screamed, sitting up, I was panting, I looked around and it was daytime, nothing was in my room and my night light was sitting next to me.

I breathed a sigh of relief, holding my chest.

It was just a dream, a very disturbing dream.

I grabbed my phone and it was 8:30, my eyes widened

Shit I'm late!

I rushed up, grabbed my school clothes, washed and got dressed, pulled my long blonde hair in a messy bun, and my purple eyes were dull with bags. But sadly, I don't have time to put make-up on. I grabbed a jumper and headed out, making sure I had my homework and phone.