Chapter eight

Once I got into the school building and to my locker, I was out of breath. I bet everyone thought I was a lonitic for sure rushing in here and now panting for my dear life.

Damn I'm so unfit!

Once I'm able to catch my breath, I tried unlocking my locker, and then the school bell started ringing.

Fudge nuckle!

The password didn't work, and this happened three times, I banged my head onto the locked in frustration, then tried again, and it opened.

Finally!

I grabbed my English stuff and hurried off to class.

Great, and of course I'm late to a class, I'm definitely going to get a detention for sure.

Yay...

I made it while everyone had already sat down, and the teacher turned to me, crossing her arms.

"Ah, late, of course, and you didn't go to your detention after school yesterday," she told me sternly.

I frowned my eyebrows and then realized I did forget.

Crap! Why does the world hate me seriously!

"I-I'm so sorry, I-I forgot," I stuttered as everyone in the room was quiet watching me.

"OOo, someone's in trouble," someone said in the classroom, and everyone laughed.

I wanted to sink into the world and disappear.

My cheeks were red hot, I looked down towards my feet, feeling so embarrassed, and the anxiety wasn't helping. Feels like my heart was going to jump out and run.

I want to run with it.

"Settle down class, but a good example that if your late to my class, without a good excuse especially missing your detention, you will get another detection," she said then turned to me, "You have two loads of detention Mis Stanley, and if you miss one or get another I will be talking to your parents," she said harshly then told me to go sit down.

All I could think was don't cry, don't cry, for the love of God don't cry.

I sat next to Bella, everyone still whispering and snickering, I put my head down onto my desk and my arms wrapped around, hiding my embarrassment.

"You okay?" Bella asked," I just nodded.

I was grateful she didn't talk anymore, as the last thing I needed was for my teacher to talk to my mum. If anyone finds out her state, straight to an orphanage, I go.

I have no other family, no one else to take care of me. And I know my mum is horrible, but she's the only family I have left.

The class finished and I didn't forget my homework, thankfully otherwise she would call my mum for sure and it was time for art class.

"Alright, I'll see you at lunch," Bella said, and I nodded. She went in a different direction with some other girls.

Bella had friends, but she chose to hang out with me, I honestly didn't know why as I was a loner, but I'm grateful she does. She's amazing.

I couldn't shake off the dream I had last night, it's felt so real. But I just kept telling myself it's just my mind playing tricks on me.

Hopefully.

I stopped walking when I saw people ready to go into the art classroom, When I saw Aiden talking to a group of girls, it shattered me a little.

Oh, why did I have to live poorly? Plus, the girls he's talking to are super popular and very attractive. He probably already realized how ugly I really am.