How to know when they'll break down and comfort them

Requested by someone on Quotev.

Tommy:

He keeps it all together, for several days, so second he opens the front door, closes it, it is all out. He slides down it, trying not to cry loud to avoid alerting you, which is silly because he also hopes you come so he can hold you.

So when you appear he holds his arms to you, shaking his head, whispering of the thing that made him finally break. So as you hold him he talks about it all, unless he's not allowed to then he just makes up some white lies.

Paulie:

You notice he's nearing it when he begins drinking too much so you can either argue with him or just hug him in such a tender way and softly ask 'what's wrong'. That true genuine concern and being here for him would make anyone break down.

So he begins rambling. At points making no sense but you just nod along as he is finally letting it out. Later on he will regret some things he revealed but now it feels good to let it out so he does.

Sam:

He doesn't show it, but you are his partner; you can still tell. It is in the way he talks and moves. It's just off. He will turn on the shower then break down, sounds silenced by the water.

He doesn't like you coming in to comfort him. He doesn't want to be seen like this. He's a man, someone trying to be in a power position, so he can't behave like this. That is what his mentality is. So best for you to just stay back and let him handle it by himself.

Vito:

You can tell by when he stays in the bedroom too long. So open the door and will see him sitting with his knees up, holding them, mouth against his knees to keep his sounds quiet.

You just have to silently hold him and rub his arms or back. Silent comfort is what he needs in those moments. After a while he will switch from hugging his legs to hugging you instead.

Joe:

He will come joking to you and give you a playful hug, swinging side-to-side then pull away. When you ask what's wrong he shrugs, saying 'nothing', but stare at him a second and suddenly he holds you again. Only now not to be playful, but just holds you close while his body begins shaking.

Tears will slide down his face as he holds you, whispering about the issue or if he can't talk about it just says 'It's just a lot now' so you'll hold him as well and tell him some assuring words that ease his pain.

Henry:

It comes at a dumb tiny thing. That tiny thing that tried to pile on the wobbly tower of things he's already dealing with but makes it collapse instead of balance on top.

So, out of nowhere, he reacts too angry than required to this small thing then covers his face, rubs it, and tries to calm down but ends up crying instead. He will apologize to you and try to leave as a man shouldn't be like this, he has to be alone and deal with it alone, so you have to quickly pull him close and assure him he can talk to you, that you are here for him. After a few seconds he tells you what he can, usually white lies as he can't say most of the true things.