Opposites Attract- Hyein

Lee Hyein- NEWJEANSRelationship- Platonic evovlementGenre- FluffPart two of opposites

Lee Hyein- NEWJEANS
Relationship- Platonic evovlement
Genre- Fluff
Part two of opposites

Third Person P.O.V
It was lunch time at Ador High. It was also Y/N's birthday yet as always it was just her and Morana at the table where she sat. Hyein looked over at her roommate and then at the red velvet cupcake that was in front of her. She wanted to go over to Y/N and wish her a happy birthday but she wasn't entirely sure how the girl felt about birthdays. Eventually she decided to do it, she didn't want to wait till after school.

"Hi." Hyein said as she sat down. Y/N muttered a hey back but didn't look up at her. Most people would consider this rude but Hyein didn't mind it, she knew Y/N and her habits and was used to her by now. "Happy Birthday." Hyein said, sliding the cupcake over to Y/N. Y/N looked up at Hyein before she wordlessly cut the cupcake in half. "You don't-" Hyein tried saying but Y/N cut her off. "Just take it." The two ate their cupcakes silently till a voice on the intercom broke the peace in the cafeteria. "Y/N L/N in grade 10 class c please come to the office." Hyein looked at Y/N worriedly since people hardly get called to the office. "I don't know what I did either." Y/N said noticing Hyein's curiosity and worry.

"Mother, father, what are you doing here?" Y/N asked when she got to the office. "We have something important  to talk to you about." Y/N's mom said. The trio walked to the school's courtyard in silence. "You know the story of General Lance right?" Her father began. "It's hard not to father when its one of our family's greatest achievement." Y/N said. "The curse that was put on him is a renewal curse and we overestimated how long it would last." Her mom said. Y/N looked at her to continue. "We need your help to renew the curse when the time comes. This means you'll have to practice your spells and magic more than usual." Her mom concluded. "Do you know exactly when the time will come?" Y/N asked. "Unfortunately not, but it will be this year." Her father said. "Is that all?" Y/N asked. Her parents nodded. Her mom air kissed her before they all went their separate ways.

Y/N plopped down onto her bed and sighed. Hyein immediately put the book she was reading down. "What happened?" She asked. Y/N explained everything to her. "Wow that's a lot of pressure." Hyein said. Y/N just shrugged and laid down. To her there wasn't really much she could do about it. "I can ask my friend Hanni to help you train. She's a senior so she should be able to help you." Hyein suggested. "You'd do that for me?" Y/N asked. "Of course, we're friends after all." Hyein responded. Y/N couldn't explain why but she didn't like being referred to as Hyein's friend but she kept that thought to herself and smiled at her.

Y/N's smile made Hyein giddy but she didn't show it, she didn't want to make it a big deal and have Y/N stop. Over the last few months Hyein realised that she liked Y/N but she kept it to herself or well herself and her few friends.

~A month later~
Y/N, Hyein and Hanni were in the forest by the school. Hanni was helping Y/N with extra practice which happened every Friday. Hyein was there for "moral support". Y/N didn't need it but she appreciated Hyein's presence nonetheless. Hyein would cheer for the both of them but especially Y/N because she was less experienced, (that's what she told them anyway).