Not the one you love- Yuqi

Song Yuqi- (G)-IDLERelantionship- Previously romanticGenre- Angst

Song Yuqi- (G)-IDLE
Relantionship- Previously romantic
Genre- Angst

Relationship- Romantically established
There is cursing in this imagine

Your P.O.V
I'm no stranger to being compared to Soyeon of (g)-idle. Ever since I debuted, hell even while I was a trainee we were compared. And after befriending the members of (g)-idle I learned that Soyeon and I were pretty similar in things non-music related as well.

One person that noticed this a lot? My girlfriend Yuqi. We can't even spend an hour together without her mentioning Soyeon in relation to me. Its always, "Soyeon likes that too." Or "I remember when Soyeon..." Despite being used to the Soyeon comparisons it kinda stings that all Yuqi seemed to think about (around me at least) is Soyeon.

What if she likes Soyeon not me. It makes sense to me. Her group does have a non-official no dating other members rule. Soyeon and I are pretty similar so what if I'm just a close second for her.

Tapping on my room door broke me out of my train of thoughts. "Who is it?" I called out. "Siwon. Should Haeun and I get you something from the store?" She said. "No thank you." I responded.

I got up to get my laptop to write what I was feeling. If I'm going to overthink might as well make it productive. I spent a couple of hours translating what I was feeling into lyrics and melodies.

~A few hours later~

I heard my door opening and immediately knew it was Yuqi. "Evening love." I said as I saved my work. "How did you know it was me?" She asked. "You're the only one who doesn't knock when they come to my room." I answered. "Oh well I got you food. I knew you'd be working late." She said holding up a bag. I thanked her and  went to sit on the bed and she joined me. She handed me a warm styrofoam cup and chopsticks saying, "I warmed it already." I thanked her again and started eating. I couldn't help the face I made once I tasted the ramen though, they were my least favourite flavour. "What's wrong?" Yuqi asked. "Nothing, just not the biggest fan of this flavour." I answered. "Really, I thought you liked it." She said. "Nope the only person I know that likes this flavour is Soyeon. But it's fine, it's the thought that counts." I said. I could tell Yuqi still felt bad so I decided to change the subject. The slight twinge of guilt remained on her face till she fell asleep though. I let it go and tried falling as well, no need to overthink so late at night.

~A week later~

"Y/N, did you start getting ready for the party?" Haeun called out. "Oh shoot I forgot." I answered. "Well start." She said. "Don't talk to me like that, I'm older." I yelled as got up. "Well get started unnie." She said emphasising the last word. I rolled my eyes at her and started getting ready.

Luckily we all finished getting ready before people started arriving. It was just a small party to celebrate our debut anniversary. Of course the first people to arrive were the (g)-idle members. I felt a twinge of jealousy seeing Soyeon and Yuqi so close, that and they were matching but I hid it the best I could.

The party was in full swing. I feel like I'm the only one who isn't wasted and wondered how everyone would get home. The only that could sleep over were the aespa members, Somi and the (g)-idle girls minus Minnie and Shuhua since they had schedules. I was also kind off disappointed. Yuqi barely spent anytime with me and it felt like since last week she's been avoiding me.
I went to the kitchen and got myself a drink, might as well drown my sorrows. I was starting my fifth drink when Giselle pulled it away from me. "Why are you drinking so much tonight?" She asked. "So much for thinking I'm the only sober one." I said. "You're avoiding my question but I'll let you be." She said. "Sober up it seems like you'll have to be the one to end this and your girl will definitely need your help once the party ends." She said. She got me a bottle of water and we talked for a bit till I was more sober than before.

I stopped the party and made sure everyone had a safe way of getting home with Giselle and Somi's help.
"I love you." I heard Yuqi say as she hugged me from behind. "I love you too." I said as I turned to hug her back. After awhile of us just holding each other I heard a bunch of aww's coming from the only two other sober people and shook my head. "Let's get you ready for bed." I said to Yuqi and removed her arms from me. I helped her up the stairs till my room. I was removing her makeup when she said, "Thank you Soyeoni, I love you even if we can't be together." The words made me freeze for a few seconds and I didn't respond. She didn't mind though and was practically half asleep anyways so it didn't matter. Once she was fully ready for bed I got myself ready and got a blanket and pillow so I could sleep on the couch. I couldn't sleep in the same bed as her after that. If anyone asked I'd just say she was moving around too much.

Of course I was woken up by the noise in the kitchen the next day. Surprisingly Yuqi was up before me, she's also the person that woke me up. She moved my legs off of the sofa and sat beside me. "Why did you leave last night?" She asked. "You were moving too much." I answered. "You and I both know that's a lie." She retorted. I sighed and said, "This isn't a conversation to have here and after I just woke up." "Ok, but we need to talk later." She said and I nodded in agreement.

After breakfast Yuqi and I went to my room. "Well?" She said once we were seated. "Yuqi I think we should breakup." I muttered. She looked at me in shock. "What, why?" I looked down wondering how to articulate how I felt. "You don't love me Yuqi." I finally said. "Yes I do. Would we be together if I didn't?" She asked. "Maybe you do love me but not in the way that you claim." I said. Yuqi mover closer to me and held my hand. "Y/N-" I cut her off before she could speak. "Look me in the eyes and tell me that the ramen you brought me last week was actually meant for me." She looked away. "It was for Soyeon right?" I asked. "That doesn't mean anything." She said. "Yes it does. All you do is talk about her, you bring me food, it's cause she didn't need them, I do something you bring her up. It sucks Yuqi." I said trying to keep my voice from cracking. "You know what really sucks though? I stayed sober for you last night and you thanked HER, said 'I love you' to her HER. It hurts Yuqi it fucking hurts." I cried. I could tell she didn't know what to say. "Please just leave." I mumbled. She hesitated but got up nonetheless. "I'm sorry." She said before she left but I didn't respond.

Angst on valentines 'cause I'm single. But a valentines one is coming tomorrow. Not proofread.