43. Unfolding secrets

Vote Target 1.5k

Abhimanyu's POV*

22 yrs ago…

Bua joined her college for a master's as she was willing to study further and create her own identity. She was one of the most rebellious girls anyone would have ever witnessed. She was the one and only girl child in the family that's why she was everyone’s favourite. My grandpa always wanted her to not live in this pride that she is a Royal. She should be mature and kind enough to conquer and live in the people's hearts. After all, they are public servants, they're here to make life better for the people, not make their life better but her attitude and approach were very different. They thought maybe it was just a generational gap Or maybe she is the only child and they're not able to understand her completely.

She started college, in starting she was good but soon her grades dropped, and even family members noticed the change in her. They thought maybe it was just she must be facing issues, they asked her and she said she would work hard but nothing happened like that. The condition was just getting worse, she started coming home late, everyone wanted to talk to her but she didn't give any answer, just said it's her life. Soon, Dad got some intimate photos of Bua through a post in his office, he was shocked to see his enemy and business rival Raj Kapoor with Bua, he was even involved in human trafficking. What was more shocking, was that he was already married and had two kids, and after that he sold his wife too. It was his way to sell the women of high-class families. They were involved in many illegal businesses as well.

Dad came home and told everything to Dada Sa, they were all shocked but they thought that he might have blinded Bua with his lies, that's how he did with the other one. They all talked to Bua and decided to tell her. They told everything to bua and she promised to not meet him again. Everyone was happy that she understood if we knew what she was planning. The next day she went to college but came home and ended up marrying that man. Everyone at home was shocked that how could she do that but she declared that she was her wife and they both loved each other. Dadi sa slapped her harshly, mom and aunt tried to make her understand, but she insulted them in the worst way possible. Dada sa got angry and he ordered her to leave home and never come back. He even threatened to disown her but she had no effect, his husband gave a winning smirk to Dad, and he clenched his jaw angrily as he couldn't do anything.

Dada ji angrily went to the room, and everyone at home was tense. I couldn't understand what was happening as I was only 4. I even forgot what happened exactly, until Dad told me briefly a few years ago. I saw everyone angry and their mood was spoiled, I thought to not disturb anyone, so I went to Dada sa. Before I could enter I heard a weird noise. I immediately opened the door, I saw Dada sa lying on the floor breathing heavily, I shouted calling Mom and Dad. They all ran upstairs, they went to Dada Sa and held him. I never knew I would see my grandpa taking his last breath in front of me when I didn't even know the meaning of death. Dad held him and ordered him to get out of the car, uncle decided to run but Dada sa held his hand, “ I don't have time, she is our daughter, she is blinded by that vile man. Rescue her before something can get wrong, we can hear her taunt all our life but we can't let her die in hell” He said while Dad nodded.

His eyes went to Dadi Sa who was crying her heart out, “ Meenakshi I am sorry that I am leaving first when we promised to live together, but I will wait till we can still get together, our family is in your hands” He said while dadi cried hugging her, He looked at mom and aunt, “ Our family's unity is everything don't let anyone break it” He said while mom and aunt nodded while tears were uncontrollably falling from her eyes, he looked at me and smiled, “ My future king, make me proud and…” Before he could say something his breath stopped and I didn't understand what just happened. Soon the Mahal which was happy and prosperous a few days ago filled with sadness and dullness.