Chapter 30

Jana just got done speaking with Jonathan when the alarm went off on her phone that they were in search for Jana Johnson of Kansas for the impending death of Annabel Ann Thomas in Massachusetts. That had freaked Jana out as she went to Martha showing her saying,

"Get Avery to a friends house, Jonathan to Nathan's and you are coming with me, we have to get out of here Scarlett has placed me as a possible murderer for something I didn't do and the law will most likely be heading to my mom's soon for more information. So go get Avery and Jonathan in the truck as we will drop them off then get on the road to leave towards California or Washington State next."

Martha nodded rushing out to get Avery in the truck and Jonathan ran to Jana saying,

"What is going on mom?"

Jana showed Jonathan the text message as he ran to get his stuff texting Nathan on the way out saying,

"Alright mom, let's get out of here quickly."

Jana left without anything as Avery just had a doll,night clothes,a bag of clothes,shoes and necessities to get her to a friends house before it got to much later to leave. Jonathan was dropped off first since he went there almost every weekend to Nathan's and then Avery over at her best friend's house Brianna luckily they were able to take her at such short notice.

They left right after heading towards one of the further states knowing eventually that they may have to find another vehicle and change appearance before law catches her personally. Martha took a deep breath as the highway seemed so far of any destination as she said,

"Jana, turn around I need to stay with the shop or let me call one of your co-workers, I won't tell them where you are going but I have to stay behind for the bakery."

Jana wanted to shake her head no but she knew her girlfriend had a job to handle so she stopped the truck letting Martha call a co-worker to meet her at the gas station right near Roseland luckily the lady came and got her no problem so she left Martha there at the gas station as she got back on the road without even kissing her kids and girlfriend goodbye her life is now on the highway along with changing her number.

Jana knew nobody outside of Kansas so she had to think if she knew anyone in California to let her move in with that person but thing is that seemed very hard to do with barely any contacts anywhere in the U.S. so she decided to take a shot at living on her own or finding a temporary girlfriend to live with to keep her identity covered though she might have to go as Jennifer or Jenny Cornelius it's a mouth full but she needed to hide including dying her hair also added extensions to make it much longer without anyone knowing who she is and going with dark clothing to look different.

Jana drove for hours on end feeling her body get exhausted from the drive as she saw a hotel in her vision seeing that it was run down but she needed sleep so badly even on a hard bed. So she pulled into the parking lot, parking the truck and rushing inside from the rain as the receptionist looked up saying,

"Aren't you looking like a wet puppy, sorry are rooms are full."

Jana got up to the counter replying,

"Listen lady, I know you have rooms because the parking lot is empty so give me a room to sleep in, I have been driving since 6pm and I'm exhausted."

The lady laughed pointing at a sign as it read,

"We don't give rooms if we don't have to it is our right."

Jana shook her head then slammed her hand against the counter knowing she had to drive more before she could sleep anywhere, she was so exhausted she'd dragged butt back to the truck as a gentleman appeared in the dark saying,

"I heard you had trouble getting in that hotel, that is my daughter she can be rather a bitch, so here is a key into my hotel you are in room #15 just park around the left side, have a nice visit ma'am I'll check on you in the morning."

Jana shook the man's hand then got in her truck to the left side of the parking lot and found her room as she grabbed her overnight bag from the backseat she unlocked the room and got inside to see the room was beautifully furnished with light blue bed sheets, light blue curtains and beautiful blue everywhere with a nice television,sink and expanded bathroom. For a run down hotel it had nice furniture.

Jana stripped down to nothing getting a nice hot shower to relax her body from the hell she gone through that day and she still had to figure out a way to change herself before the law found her. She got out of the shower drying thinking of how nice it would of been to shower with Martha once but they never did because she was ashamed of her body in thought caused her to think that was why Martha didn't want to make love, she is older than Jana by a decade the most but she never judged her girlfriend at all on the weight or anything.

Jana settled herself into bed as thoughts still kept her up including her children that have made her happy even though she's been with Martha they have taken on so much since Angel has left willingly to save her. Jana had tried so hard to sleep that whole night but it has become more and more difficult she's used to reading before bed though she never packed a book being in a rush and everything was closed.