Chapter 3

Several weeks went by Jana's ankle healed and they got to go to the adoption agency together to meet their caseworker. Turns out the caseworker Natalie Lancaster is a tall red head full of spit fire, with green eyes and white freckles on her skin that made her look gorgeous in the knee length red dress that brought out her thin features.

Natalie was all for Jana and Angel to adopt unfortunately the news got worse as the paperwork went on for hours. They couldn't adopt children around the age of six to eight without siblings they wanted a kid or two but some had as many as six siblings or more it tore them apart. Because they didn't want to split any family up including kids with all they had and having that many would cause of havoc.

So when they got back home Jana and Angel sat at home discussing if they should split kids up even if it is against their own wishes or not adopt until a lesser of children became available for them to have because they desperately wanted kids as much as pets but they couldn't do either at the moment.

Jana got called into work as soon as Angel sat down to have coffee with just writing in her notebook. Jana found work at a Wedding Cake Bakery called Sweet Designs Bakery which is in downtown so she had to always use the truck and she worked all hours of the day. As for Angel she got to sit at home taking phone calls for advice columns in the paper that she did to keep busy since they only had one vehicle. It was called Morning Sun Newspaper she was kept extremely busy and missed working in her bookstore cafe Windsong back in Michigan this life has been a challenging when she is used to be in a dead town.

They were still waiting for Natalie to get a hold of them on any children being available but it seem to be a lost hope for either one. So after about a six month wait with working and what not they decided to drive to Kansas City and pick out two children that they thought would be perfect for them.

Jana was so excited she couldn't sit still to meet the children that are in foster care waiting to be taken home, she called off work just so they can get it done. They have done cleared the spare bedroom making it clear for the two kids to be welcomed and hoping they enjoy their new home with two mom's.

Angel looked over at Jana saying,

"Baby, you have to calm down, we don't even know what these kids look like."

Jana couldn't contain herself as she replied,

"I know I just love kids so much and we have been waiting forever to meet any this would be amazing just to see what they look like."

Angel agreed responding,

"I just hope these kids aren't going to rebel to bad on us since their parent's left them."

Jana knew that was a heart breaking point for her but this was the opportunity to meet some amazing kids who might have the same interest as they do and might be able to carry on their bookstore cafe when they get it reopened in Roseland.

Natalie told them that she was meeting with them at one of the foster care center's right in downtown Kansas City since that is where most are located at the moment not very many outside of town. So when they arrived at Crittenton Children's Center, Jana and Angel couldn't wait any longer to get inside to see the kids but the lawyers and Natalie wouldn't let them see the kids yet as they had to file out custody for whichever children they took and knowing it was going to be battle if parent's got involved later.

Finally, they were done with paperwork as some chubby lady with black hair,dark reddish eyes,pure white skin and had worn all black named Stella Blackstone called for two kids Avery Bowman and Jonathan Bowman as they came through the door both kids looked shy and unresponsive. They took a seat across from Jana and Angel as both ladies tried to greet the two young ones but neither gave into greeting and held each others hands tightly expecting the worse.