Chapter 13

Annabel cleared her throat saying,

"I am going to go job hunting today sweetheart."

Scarlett shrugged replying,

"It better be than that Midnight Cafe you worked at for over three years because you never made enough to keep us fed or anything. If you don't find work by the end of the week, you will be working where my mother did as a young woman which is a engineer downtown North Attleboro. You are to be home after your shift just like before. My meetings are at night since I was able to transfer my business."

Annabel was so sick of being on a damn schedule with her wife every time she found a job it was enough to nerve her some days, it wasn't like Annabel was going to cheat on her wife.

Annabel responded with a dry throat,

"Yes my lovely wife, I will stay near home to you and come home to do house chores along with getting myself fed and to bed at a decent hour."

Scarlett smiled with a reply,

"Good to hear my lady, now go get ready for job hunting...once you find a job you better remember the bus route from here to there and same back."

Annabel nodded in agreement sighing as she got up from the couch as Scarlett grabbed her wrist saying,

"To add my wife, you need to keep a stalk of that auburn hair dye around or your natural color will show which I will highly disapprove."

Annabel nodded in agreement again then released her wrist as she went into their room to find proper clothing for interviews in case she gets any today. As she got dressed Scarlett came in the room then beat Annabel multiple times which caused her train of thought to go missing once more she begged Scarlett to quit hitting her but it was always the same daily before she went anywhere.

Scarlett had made sure Annabel would forget something about herself even though they have been together for so long, Scarlett still managed to hit her so hard to leave cuts,black eyes,bruises and damage jaw most the time, she's thankful that her body never broke against all the hits.

Once Scarlett was done she left the room leaving Annabel to scramble and get up as she rushed with trying to cover everything before she went to interviews let alone speaking one on one with people. The only thing Annabel has managed is not to argue with Scarlett because she learned it is never good too.

Scarlett felt proud of herself watching her wife begging for the abuse to stop but she never felt like a relief of marrying her was enough so she made sure to make her suffer subsequently since she kept giving many excuses for the love of Jana which was very sickening when she knew Annabel would take to long to do something Scarlett had to make sure that her memory would never return, so she would enjoy watching her wife shrivel up and cry.

After about thirty minutes of making sure Annabel was good to go for her interviews Scarlett walked out of the room listening to Annabel scramble for makeup and anything else to cover up the marks since she knew damn well Annabel wouldn't go outside without covering up the mess. Once Annabel was ready she grabbed her purse by the door kissed Scarlett goodbye then went to catch the buses for the day.

Annabel had sat down on a bench after filing many applications in each store she could find knowing none of them would be good enough for Scarlett. As she sighed a woman sat beside her saying,

"You look like hell."

Annabel looked up with a new resolution as she replied,

"I have had a bad day and my wife is going to be so upset with me once she finds out."

The woman had lovely short black hair,hazel and green eyes,luscious red lips,weigh 130lbs, and about 5'9" she was very lovely looking for sure. She had dressed in all black which made her stand out.

As the lady responded,

"My name Tonya Jones, I can't stand a person who beats someone else which I have noticed about your face and the way you lean it hurts. As for your wife being upset for certain jobs you find that is even more ridiculous."

Annabel sadly looked down again replying,

"I am Annabel Thomas, my wife is very abusive, I don't know who I was before, we have traveled seven times within the past three years and she has not picked my jobs since we've been together."

Tonya shook her head as she scooted closer to Annabel responding,

"Do you remember anything of your past at all? Like your name? Your parent's name? Anything that could trigger a memory?"

Annabel sighed heavily replying,

"No, because once I do have a memory of any sort including dreams my wife beats me for it and my mind loses of what the memory was."

Tonya hugged Annabel responding,

"You're wife is very cruel and you need to be in a women's shelter away from her."

Annabel shook her head no as she looked up at the sky and sighed once more replying,

"I have better get home my wife will be tracking me down if I'm not home by a certain time."

Tonya hugged Annabel once more then walked away with tears streaming from her face. Annabel felt so bad for making the woman cry and now she had to head back to her wife before another beating came about which wouldn't surprise Annabel at all including Scarlett's temper that has literally gone over the top.