Chapter 25

Jana and Martha had build a great relationship within time after several weeks the kids quit groaning and complaining that she wasn't Momma Angel but they took it in stride since Martha took them to school on the way to opening her bakery most morning's. Martha helped tucked them into bed every night and helped with homework if needed to be.

Martha is very respectful on the guideline of no making love until they were together for at least six months at most. Jana had started back working at the bakery within a week because they really needed her to save the store which they did once word got around that she had returned from her three and a half year trip. Jonathan and Avery would walk from the school to the bakery to get some cookies then work on homework their with a few friends most days.

Jana had always thought of Angel when it came to making a wedding cake especially in rainbow color. Martha would come up behind her and kiss her cheek saying,

"I know you still think about her, she was one and a million but don't you still have her number? Why don't you text her to see how she is doing since you came back to Kansas? I am sure she misses her best friend if anything."

Jana kissed Martha back on the cheek replying,

"I will text her to feel better about myself if anything. I do miss her as a best friend."

Martha shooed her off to the back where she could have privacy since the kids were well behaved at this point. Jana reached the break room to see no one was in there then looked for Annabel's number as she found it she texted a quick message saying,

"Hey Annabel, it is Jana, I am texting to check on you, I am very sorry about breaking your heart but you aren't Angel and obviously Scarlett is your wife now and forever so it looks like what we had never existed. Us making love was a big mistake, I am in Kansas with our kids living my life with Martha since she is planning to divorce her husband. I hope life is treating you well. Your best friend, Jana!"

Jana never heard back from Annabel even when she called a few times during that week it seemed the number had either blocked her or Annabel just wasn't near her phone. So Jana just gave up for now to wait until Annabel contacted her in time.

Martha told Jana over and over never to give Annabel could have possibly been sick or something it is known to happen for sure. Jana finally received a message after a month as it read,

"Jana, I am so sorry for not replying turned out Scarlett had drugged me with antidepressant pills to help me from my supposed anxiety,stress and depression that I didn't have. I am glad you still kept me as a best friend. I wish you would have stayed in Massachusetts so we could see how far our relationship would have went but you are right I'm not Angel and probably never will be again. I do love my wife Scarlett even for what she puts me through it is just the way I am now. As long as Jonathan and Avery are happy just tell them that somewhere in my heart I'm still Momma Angel even though I am Annabel, I will miss you all and hope to see you all again in the future including Martha. Your best friend forever, Annabel Thomas!"

Jana shook her head in disbelief that after she had left of Massachusetts she still is Annabel and the fact that Scarlett drugged her up doesn't want to make her leave is beyond Jana's mind set. Jana had to believe faith would rescue that woman but that even seemed far fetched for being four years in a week that Scarlett had taken her lover,future wife, and best friend.

Martha came in the back room seeing Jana frustrated with the final text message she received it had seem the one she used to love has become a completely different mindset. Martha sat down on the couch in the break room looking at Jana saying,

"Well honey it just goes to show Angel is history and Annabel had become your best friend in time. I will never understand why Angel would risk her personality to become someone she isn't? I mean okay Scarlett had abused her a lot within the time period but Angel seemed more fierce than that when we met. All I can say is fate has its roll of dice now."

Jana breathed a heavy sigh replying,

"Angel wanted to save our relationship from Scarlett destroying it further and I am assuming if it meant being Annabel than I would never have to face Scarlett's death wish upon me. Angel loved me enough to save me and our children."

Martha looked down at the floor responding,

"You do have a point my dear but this will never end with you two as I'm aware and it is going to take all of us to get Annabel to see she is Angel even if it means digging up old records."

Jana accepted that fact long ago as she replied,

"I knew that was coming babe just now to work on it."

Martha shook her head no responding,

"Not quite yet let's see how far Annabel reaches her breaking point."

Jana raised her brow replying,

"That could be years sweetheart."

Martha knew and left it at that leaving Jana to ponder the thoughts completely as she heard Avery calling her name back into the bakery. Martha helped Avery set up the chocolate cupcakes that were made by the main baker in the back along with a few other sweets coming out.