Chapter 24

Annabel had been working non-stop at this new job but her thoughts always wondered if Jana really did move back to Kansas. Scarlett had been treating Annabel completely different since Jana had disappeared without a trace. Annabel had tried desperately to remember the cell phone number though with the new medication she can barely remember how to function a forklift.

Annabel decided that it was best to forget about Jana and focus on her married life with Scarlett they had a anniversary coming up within a few weeks to prepare for their date night together outside of working constantly. Annabel called her boss Sierra over seeing if she could take off work early she needed rest badly. Sierra came over saying in a harsh tone,

"What do you want Annabel? You haven't been working the way we compromised a month ago, you aren't even functional anymore."

Annabel knew she was going to get fired her reputation has gone down a ton finally she replied,

"Can I go home please Sierra? I'm just too tired to even work my full shift. I am not even sure what has happened to me. Scarlett have been giving me medication to keep me from being depressed and stressed now I can barely function most days."

Sierra shook her head as she walked away to grab her clipboard Annabel assumed since that was where the work schedule was to check who could take over when Sierra came back she responded,

"Annabel from the looks of the schedule you have barely pulled in 40 hours a week and you were our top worker. I have no idea what to do now with you because we need you here. I am going to call Scarlett and see what she has you taken because this isn't right. So shut off the forklift then meet me in the office."

Annabel shut off her forklift properly then headed across the plant to see Sierra unfortunately she got halfway there and fell face first to the ground. Annabel was completely out cold so she didn't know what was going on even though she saw faces including Sierra trying to get her to snap out of it.

Several hours later Annabel woke up in a hospital to find Scarlett crying at her bed side as Annabel cleared her throat as much as she can saying,

"Scarlett, what the hell happened to me?"

Scarlett startled herself up from the tears drying her eyes softly replying,

"I can't say here but I must get you home and out of this hospital."

Annabel released her hand from Scarlett's grip responding,

"No, I need to know why you put me on those medication whatever they are."

Scarlett stood up leaning in Annabel's ear replying,

"I gave you one of my medication which was Sertraline it is intended to help your depression and anxiety also stress."

Annabel looked at Scarlett with a horrid face responding,

"Were you trying to kill me? What am I supposed to tell the doctor's? Oh wait..my wife drugged me up. I rather take you abusing me than shoving drugs down my throat."

Scarlett sighed replying,

"No baby, I wasn't trying to kill you. You could tell the doctor's that you were prescribed to them but forgot they expired. Please just don't tell them that I gave them to you, I was only trying to help."

Annabel crossed her arms over her chest responding,

"Fine, just so you know I have almost lost my job at the factory due to this. I do like working at the factory by the way it is a amazing job and I am not going to lose it all because I don't get enough sleep or I am having a bad day, I do work on my book for a reason Scarlett."

Scarlett nodded knowing they were far from over with this argument so she replied,

"I am very sorry baby, I truly am. Just please let's get out of here once the doctor comes back with paperwork to sign you out."

Annabel wanted to scream,cry,punch Scarlett anything to get out of the situation but she married Scarlett for a reason and it wasn't going to go away overnight including this stunt. Doctor came in twenty minutes later describing what was going on including her wife's point of view that she took over expired medicine and can be released by tomorrow evening, she is to stay on the ventilator overnight and double checked by morning for any side effects.

Scarlett stayed by Annabel's side all night as they talked about what their plans for their anniversary turns out they had the same spot hit the beaches in Florida and spend a week in a hotel to relive their wedding day. Scarlett had never imagined that they would be wanting to go to the same spot which is Palm Beach, Florida just she had to schedule very soon plus make it work with her boss Jerry and Annabel's boss Sierra. Annabel is so anxious to get back to work soon after her release that it made her so excited to be able to contain herself.

Annabel kissed Scarlett on the forehead as they fell asleep next to each other. By late that evening Annabel had woken up feeling the urge to puke so she grabbed her ventilator rushing across the room reaching the toilet as she spewed everything out with Scarlett holding her hair. After about ten minutes Annabel laid on the floor feeling weak as Scarlett called a nurse to help get Annabel off the floor and back to bed within a hour they were running multiple scans and x-rays.

Through everything that evening luckily nothing bad appeared on anything it was just after effects for the medication and recovery of them finally working out of the system they told Annabel that she can clear out her system that way. Around ten in the evening they headed home as Annabel recovered very well from the side effects and almost nearly dying the day before.