Chapter 15

Jana had got back to the hotel with Jonathan and Avery knowing that they were all broken heart to see that Angel is now Annabel an in love with Scarlett totally forgetting her true love. Jana took a deep breath sighing saying,

"Jonathan and Avery I'm very sorry, I have no idea what has happened to your mom...she had the best memory out of any woman I have met through the years this has been the worst and I know she doesn't look like your mom either. I shouldn't have kissed her...the woman I love is gone, thanks to one lying bitch."

Avery eyes went wide knowing her mom had rarely cussed as she went and hugged her mom replying,

"Mom, we tried that is all we can do. I think our best option is to go back to Kansas because we have no chance getting Momma back."

Jonathan didn't like the words Avery spoke as he stood up from the bed responding,

"Sis, listen to me, we are going to get Momma back, we aren't going home until we get her from Scarlett. Momma may have willingly went three years ago but that doesn't mean we traveled all the way out here to not get her back. We are a team and we will do our very best to get Momma in our arms again."

Jana hugged Jonathan and Avery as tears streamed down her eyes replying to both her grown kids,

"Jonathan and Avery, we will get your Momma back but we must work together this is going to be a challenge in the meantime I am going to have to get a job to pay for staying here and keep food in our bellies. You kids should have plenty of homework coming from your principal and if you have ran out just call her with our location to send the work here."

They both nodded in agreement and that was the time everything settled that they were staying in Bristol, Massachusetts until they got Angel back.

Scarlett got on the bus all the way to Kansas to track down Jana for sure, she wasn't going to have that bitch get in between her and Annabel whatsoever. It was a very long ride to Kansas but she didn't have much of a choice and Annabel well she will either survive or die by the time she returned home.

Jana couldn't believe that Annabel had no memory of her past when she admitted it to her that day. As it had happened predictably because of Scarlett couldn't stand the same repeat of hearing about Jana and the kids. Despite all the qualms of getting Annabel to be who she is today has taken a lot of work and daily beatings it has worked for the most part.

Scarlett had arrived in Kansas after the long two day trip from changing routes and everything, she had to start the trek from Boston, Massachusetts to Kansas City, Kansas and now she had to find her rental car to get all the way to Cherokee County to get to Jana's home.

Sure enough it took Scarlett another two hours just to get to her location and when she arrived the home was empty as if the dust build up have never left. A woman came up standing beside her saying,

"Looks like you are confused about something here."

Scarlett looked at the elder lady replying,

"I was hoping to see a good friend here turns out her and the kids haven't returned."

The woman just shook her head responding,

"Unfortunately, her fiance Angel went with a woman and never came back, I knew she loved my daughter Jana so much that they adopted two beautiful children and it has broken my daughter apart. When she told me that Angel had change to some woman name Annabel a few days ago it tore both of us apart, I knew Angel was a wonderful woman with the brightest future. You can't control whom you're kids fall in love with and I have had my husband walk out on me because of it, Jana has had it so hard...."