Chapter 17

Jana woke up that next morning next to Annabel they made love off and on through the night but Annabel still had no recall of Angel so she knew well that her lover had lost all thought of her previous life. Jana kissed Annabel on the forehead as she slipped on her clothes then headed to the sink to get her coffee brewed like she does every day. Soon as she was putting the scoops in she felt hands around her and a kiss on the cheek as Annabel whispered,

"I had a feeling you'd be up early that coffee is going to smell good but I must leave before the kids get up and get this car back to the rental if I make it back in time I will see you again tonight or you come by my place I'll make room for the children plus I would like better privacy maybe you could get Angel back before my wife returns from the crazy mental ward."

Jana giggled kissing Annabel goodbye as she watched her get dressed then leave in silence as Avery stirred speaking,

"Mommy, I know this sounds ridiculous but is she coming back as Angel?"

Jana sat down beside Avery replying,

"Unfortunately not but we can make the best with Annabel."

Avery nodded then rolled over back to sleep.

Annabel hated leaving Jana and the kids something in her gut after making love off and on all night that she belonged no matter what. Annabel had to get her life back on track even if it meant that she goes back and forth between Jana and Scarlett. Annabel got back to the apartment an hour later after dropping off the car as she opened the apartment door she saw Scarlett sitting in the sofa chair Annabel closed the door silently behind her as Scarlett just sat their staring at Annabel.

Annabel cleared her voice saying,

"Baby, I thought you would be at the mental ward by now and staying for a little while?"

Scarlett gave Annabel the death stare replying,

"You honestly think I am stupid enough to leave you here alone. Where the hell have you been all night?"

Annabel scrambled with her purse responding,

"Out with a friend."

Scarlett got up from the chair dashed across the room and grabbed Annabel by the throat then sniffed her clothing replying,

"With a friend that you had sex with, I can smell that much as to who I'm not sure but I will tell you this, I catch you running off like that again you will be hating me more. Now I am going to trust you to get cleaned up and ready for working at my mom's job starting today. You have clothes on the bed."

Scarlett dropped Annabel back on her feet as she hurried to get ready for the harsh labor that the day is to come, now she wished she would have just stayed with Jana. Annabel saw the clothes she had to wear which was a dirty blue jumpsuit that looked like it have been through hell, so she went and got her shower then got her hair put up in a ponytail then got into her jumpsuit as she came out of the room to show Scarlett.

Scarlett smiled as she spoke,

"Well don't you look like you are ready for work, alright the bus number you catch from here is #2210 then switch to #3010 and last one is #4809 that is where you get off and you will see where you work at by all the same jumpsuits as you get in you'll be guided to the boss's office and from there you are on your own. Oh, here is your lunch, now get going."

Annabel sighed taking her lunch then kissing her wife goodbye as she grabbed her purse on the way out. Annabel texted from her new phone to Jana saying,

"You all can't come over turns out Scarlett never went to Therapy so now I am stuck working at some engineering factory."

Jana replied instantly,

"What's the name of this factory?'

Annabel responded quickly,

"Abbott Action Inc."

That's when Jana replied again,

"I work there myself, what's the job?"

Annabel smiled with response,

"Forklift Operator, yours?"

Jana replied,

"Material Handler."

Annabel giggled as she stashed her phone away arriving at the job and seeing that she had a hell of a task on her managing a forklift just like Scarlett's mom did. As soon as she went through the door some woman was hollering her name as she walked over saying,

"I am Annabel Thomas."

The woman raised her eyebrow high replying,

"Well aren't you a little to prim to be in this job anyways Scarlett tells me that you are working here in respect of her mother Andrea Thomas she was a beautiful young woman and always made herself feel better getting down in the grub here. So since you are doing forklift job, we will have you do some training for about two weeks to see how you do."

Annabel nodded with responding,

"I understand, though my hours are going to be challenge with Scarlett's job too."

The woman waved her hand in the air replying,

"You and Scarlett have your reasons as for others not so much."

Annabel nodded again responding,

"What is your name by the way?"

The woman chuckled replying,

"Sierra Jones."

Annabel thought of an odd coincidence as she responded,

"Are you related to Tonya Jones?"

Sierra smiled sweetly in a dazed look then replied,

"That's my twin sister, I haven't seen her in years didn't know she was still around."

Annabel smiled responded,

"Yeah, I caught her on the bus about a week ago."

Sierra nodded then replied,

"Well enough about her let's get you on that forklift."

After about two hours Annabel finally got the feeling of the forklift and she would see Jana every once in awhile they would sneak text about the job and meeting for lunch.