Tang Ning's heart was still pounding from the aftereffects of fear, his mind blankly forming a thought: Even a powerful person like Shao Mingyue cares about others' opinions?

People pray to Buddha for money, power, "desire," life, and fame. What would Shao Mingyue pray for?

"Tang Ning," Lin Yun called out. "Everyone has left; let's go back."

Tang Ning suddenly came to his senses, noticing the crowd had indeed dispersed. Jiang Mianmian and Lin Yun were looking at him and Shao Mingyue whispering to each other, causing Tang Ning some embarrassment.

They headed back.

"Are we going back for lunch now?" Shao Mingyue asked eagerly. "Maybe I can join you?"

The day before, Tang Ning and his friends had bought packaged food in town, like instant noodles, biscuits, and bread. Faced with Shao Mingyue's expectant look, Tang Ning awkwardly said, "We'll probably just have instant noodles."

Shao Mingyue puzzled, "Why only that?"

Tang Ning whispered, "Because on the first day, seeing a finger bone in the fish belly made us lose our appetite, so we planned to eat something simple."

"How can that be?" Shao Mingyue disagreed. "Food is important, you can't treat it lightly."

Tang Ning found it difficult to persuade someone, especially when the other party had a point. He felt awkward and couldn't find the words to argue, his lashes fluttering like small fans, Shao Mingyue softened his tone, "May I invite you to lunch?"

"No need," Tang Ning tried to refuse.

"I just love to cook automatically, don't be in a hurry to refuse. After I've cooked, if it doesn't suit your taste, it's not too late to eat instant noodles," Shao Mingwen said, not waiting for Tang Ning to respond, before waving and walking into the guesthouse he was staying in.

Tang Ning sighed with a hint of disappointment.

He always felt he didn't wave properly, thinking it would have been better to say he hadn't eaten instant noodles for a long time and that he actually loved eating instant noodles.

Tang Ning looked up and saw Jiang Mianmian looking at him thoughtfully.

Lin Yun also noticed Jiang Mianmian's scrutiny. He subconsciously blocked her view and asked, "By the way, did you find anything at the wishing well just now?"

Jiang Mianmian slowly took out an ancient coin from her bag, even showing traces of moss on it.

Tang Ning's pupils shook, and he asked tremblingly, "This, isn't this an ancient coin from the wishing well?!"

Jiang Mianmian nodded quite brazenly.

Tang Ning was so shocked he couldn't speak. Jiang Mianmian's action was even more reckless than Luo Chuxue's. At least Luo Chuxue had used a stick to touch the red envelope she found by the river, while Jiang Mianmian had actually scooped up an ancient coin directly from the wishing well?

"Aren't you afraid there might be something bad attached to it?" Tang Ning asked with difficulty.

"Afraid," Jiang Mianmian said lazily, "but in the card game world, seeking safety in every decision is actually the biggest risk."

Tang Ning didn't understand what Jiang Mianmian meant. He watched as the girl tossed the ancient coin into the air, spinning and flipping it mid-air. She slightly lifted her gaze, as if chasing some elusive thing, "In situations that are still controllable,"

She caught the ancient coin, "not trying to collect everything that can be used."

Jiang Mianmian's gaze fell back on Tang Ning's face, "What will you use to face real danger when it finally arrives?"