Breaking Boundaries || Chapter 37

Are you fucking kidding me?

Really? You're going to ask that, are you fucking blind? What the fuck have you been smoking, Cleo?

The second she asked me — I almost wanted to choke her — and mind you, not in a very pleasurable way.

Well... amongst other things... if you know what I mean.

After their exchange, like infront of my fucking salad — a couple of weeks ago, she'll tell me that they were not in relationship?! I call bullshit!

I shook my head in disappointment. "Don't lie to me... I saw you, right before my eyes." I said with an eye roll.

In the past three years, I knew that a lot has changed and I knew that Cleo also changed, in some ways that I have no idea about.

I don't want to keep my hopes up — I cannot afford to have my heart be broken. I have a son who needs me.

Cleo stood and huffed in frustration.

"Are you being for real right now?" I heard her whisper under her breath. Of course I wasn't meant to hear that — but duh, I have bionic ears — pfft.

I squinted my eyes at her, giving her a look I usually gave her when she was acting up before.

"Yes, I'm being for fucking real." I sarcastically told her.

"Ari, I'm not picking a fight. I'm just stating a fact. I wasn't in a relationship with Dakota or anyone else — what we had was purely physical and —" Her hands were on her hips, ready to get into it but I cut her off with a scoff.

Was that supposed to make me feel better?!

"What?" She asked with an incredulous look. She seemed so innocent, as if she could never do anything wrong.

"Nothing. Whatever." I spit out with sass. I couldn't really hold it in -- I couldn't seem to control my attitude. Me being really territorial even if I don't have the right to do so.

Yes -- I'm a fucking clown. Jesus. Pathetic, Ariana -- really classy!

"If it's nothing, then why roll your neck with attitude, Ari. I know you -- did you actually think that I could be in a serious relationship after two failed relationships?" Her voice was rising, she was usually so calm and collected, but right now, that seemed to have changed too.

I looked at her, really looked at her. This is Cleo — all honest and open.

"I honestly don't know, Cleo..." I gave her a dejected sigh. I really can't blame her if she did have one.

Cleo then stared at me disappointedly, like she couldn't believe what she heard.

"I though you knew me better than this, Ari... these past few years — I've already given up on love. What Dakota and I had... was all — physical, she was more like a friend to me, than a lover." I heard her mumble as she leaned on the arm of my couch.

She looked beaten up, tired... and stressed. I shouldn't have opened this topic. Aside from me not being able to control my emotions... I didn't want to intrude... her private life is her business...

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to make conclusions." Of course, I apologized meekly.

I heard her sigh. Her shoulders tensed, and she was staring back at me. Like she was expecting me to answer a silent question.

I just stared back at her — confused and silently raking my brains what to say.

"So... can you please answer my question honestly, Ariana? Were all your feelings for me in the past now... or do you still love me?"