We're Just Friends || Chapter 4

Cleo

The drive to Montecito has been really relaxing. Do you know why properties in this side of the city was so fucking expensive?

It's because of the view — the serenity — the peace. That's what they were paying for, actually. Well besides the good property — it's the location itself.

Music softly played in the background as I approach the address Jasmine sent. Apparently — the Ariana Grande was just like her. She never settles for less, so when Jas said that she lived in a fucking mansion — I wasn't surprised.

"Okay... you're just hanging out." I dragged on as I drive through her gates. Jas said that she already informed the security so I should be cleared.

I needed to calm myself — Jasmine basically outed that I'm intersex to two girls whom I just met yesterday. One I have a massive crush on — mind you.

My car gear was placed on 'parked'— I tried to look at the rear view mirror just to make sure that my face was clean. With my hair styled in a slick brush up, I winked at my reflection.

There were times I questioned my physical appearance. I used to be a skinny kid — not the perfect adonis type body, but when I hit puberty — one of my few friends pointed out that I should work out. I've always been insecure of my body, besides the defective genetalia... I looked like a walking stick.

Jas took me under her wing and she changed my fucking wardrobe — I had a total make over. She made sure that my clothes matched my body type. Even if I was skinny, my clothes fit me and helped me get through high school.

My hair was always well kept — hair cut every 3 weeks. Mandatory spa date with Jasmine helped me keep my skin good and well maintained too... so at 15, girls from the school has been going crazy trying to get my attention.

The attention I got tripled when they knew I've got a dick too. A girl I hooked up with in a party spread the word, and just overnight — it spread like a wild fire. People from our high school suddenly became super interested in me.

You might think that I enjoyed it, but nah... it fucking sucks. Jocks befriended me, popular girls lurk around me, and even gay guys tried to hit on me shooting their shots. They don't take no for an answer — I wanted to be left alone sometimes too.

I don't even understand what they saw in me — I was practically a dead kid hanging around the rich and famous Jasmine Peters. I tried my best to socialize but in the eyes of many — I'm still the mixed breed, weirdo trying to fit in. Besides, my social battery gets depleted after a few minutes of conversation.

I was glad to transfer to Manila. Less liberated, they didn't ask personal questions because it was rude. I looked like a guy so they just assumed that I'm a lesbian in testosterone, transitioning to be a man. Out of all the good things, my favorite was — they never asked if I really have a penis.

Thank fuck.

However, the anxiety I'm having right now was because I was outed accidentally by my best friend. What if they treat me differently now that they know my condition.

This 'friendly' date with Ariana's making me damn nervous.

She was the one who asked you out remember? My subconscious quipped.

I don't even know if I'm properly dressed — I didn't even know where we're going. I'm hella stupid. I should've asked, for Christ's sake.

My navy blue trousers and white button down seems to be a good outfit though. I just don't know if this is appropriate for the place she had in mind.