Cuddle Monster || Chapter 12

Cleo

As we walked toward the dining hall, I can't help but get nervous. I'm about to meet everyone who's important to Ariana. My social anxiety isn't helping at all -- I'm sure that everyone would want to talk even just for a few minutes.

I just hope that it'll be over soon. I was fidgeting with my coat jacket ever since we left the room.

Ariana must've noticed my uneasiness so she stopped before we got to the door. I can hear the murmurs and noise inside the room. Shit... I have to compose myself.

Okay, Cleo -- it's just another meeting. Think of it as if you're going to close a fucking deal.

"Hey, are you okay? You've been spacing out since we left the room. Do you not want to meet everyone?" Ariana asked as she faced me with worried eyes.

I gently shook my head "Nah, I'm okay -- I'm just a little nervous. I mean... you know I'm socially awkward and I'm bad at this... I don't want to embarrass you or something."

I tried to explain as best as I can. I know that Jasmine's inside with our other friends but it's a whole different thing. Her team and family are inside too -- I was shaking just thinking about it.

"What... why? They're all excited to meet you, baby. I mean... they were not aware that I'm seeing someone as awesome as you, they were a bit surprised, but they're happy you know? Plus, we'll all be there, Jas, Court, Vic... even Alexa and the boys will be there, you don't have to be afraid." Ariana's soft, soothing voice tried to calm me down.

She was slowly stroking my arms, giving me her soft look -- comforting me. Just like the first time.

I just nodded in response and inhaled deeply. She gave me an encouraging smile, before pushing the door open and extending her arms to reach of my hand. I willingly reached for hers and we walked inside the room, and everyone has their eyes on us.

Everyone stilled and stopped talking. The slight murmurs that were heard outside stopped and were replaced by deafening silence. Ari chuckled and looked at me still trying to comfort me.

She knows how awkward this is for me.

"Hey, guys! What did we miss?!" She exclaimed as she pulled me with her and walked towards the table where all of our friends and her mom were seated. I observed the table we were headed to and saw a guy with blonde hair, and an old woman with silver hair just right beside Joan.

They were all beaming and the guy was smirking. I had no idea who they were but I'm assuming that they were Ariana's family so I tried my best to keep my composure.

Jasmine was chuckling as I saw her in my peripheral view. She knows how I hate introductions, so I looked at her with a pleading stare. She just shook her head and quirked her eyebrows.

God, my best friend's selling me out here, huh?

Come to think of it -- she always stepped up when this happened to me before. I wanted to avoid awkward situations all the time and she always saves me. But right now, I think she's trying to help me by not helping me. Damn.

Joan immediately stood and welcomed me with a big, tight hug which surprised me. As she pulled away, she still held my shoulders to keep me a little distance from her to look at me with worried eyes.

Did I ever tell you guys that Ari and Joan have the same eye shape? Jesus...

"How are you feeling now? You should've rested more, did you fly straight from LA to Heathrow after your errands? Courtney mentioned you had to fix something before coming here, you should've slept through the first night of the show!" She said with a reprimanding tone, making me miss my mom.