Different Plans || Chapter 31

Cleo — 3 years ago

"Can you please stop bouncing your damn, knee! Jesus — you're making me fucking nervous." I whispered to my best friend as she fidgeted on the couch of Jack Solow's hotel room in downtown LA.

I had him fly over to personally deliver the ring, despite of his busy schedule in New York. Good thing my dad was good friends with him.

Nonna gave me the pearl on Ari's ring and good thing that Jack made the adjustments quickly.

"Dude, are you sure about this? Marriage is like... a big thing right? I have nothing against you and Ari — you know I'm your number one supporter... but, are you sure this is what you really want?"

She sounded hesitant and almost... regretful. But maybe, she was just worried because I've already gone through a failed engagement before.

"Yeah... I really want to spend my life with her Jas... she's my other half. I thought... after Naomi, I won't fall in love again — I didn't expect her to come barging into my life with her dimpled smile. I knew that she's the one I want to be with everytime... even if I lose my position as the CEO. If I'd be with her... I know I can do anything."

I couldn't help but let out my emotions. My eyes actually stung with tears when I poured it out. Jasmine's mouth was hanging, like she couldn't believe what I said.

"Damn... I didn't think that you'll find the love of your life because of me. You're welcome, Clay." She said with sass.

I just chuckled at Jasmine's antics. This was way better than her fidgeting and jumping around because she was nervous.

"But seriously, I'm happy you're happy with Ariana. It makes my life easier — I no longer have to worry about you. And if things go according to plan tomorrow, you'll be her problem forever — you're gonna be her fiance — holy shit, Cleo! You're getting engagaed!"

Jas looked like she was about to have a fucking panic attack so I had to snap her out of her funk.

She was not like this when I asked for her to help me propose to Naomi before — actually, she didn't talk to me for a damn week.

"Jasmine! Stop! Can you please calm the fuck down?" I hissed at her and luckily before she go through another meltdown, Jack returned with a silver tray.

On top of it, was a small, black jewelry box. Beside the box were white cloth gloves — which I think Jack will use to show us the ring.

Fuck — I'm getting anxious to see how the design went. When Nonna gave the pearl, I immediately thought of how I wanted it to be placed beside the 14 Carrat Oval Diamond I had picked.

I want everything to be assymetrical — I want this to be special and when everyone sees it... they would immediately think of Ariana.

Jack and I talked for weeks, making sure that I was included in every aspect of designing the ring. I want it personalized, and I wasn't even thinking about the price.

If Jasmine knew how much I paid for the ring, she'd definitely chuck me out of the building — yes, I've got more money than sense. But I don't care — I want the best for my girl.

"Cleo, sorry for the wait. I had to check for the pin of the safe first to make sure." Jack chuckled and lifted the small box after he put on his gloves.

Fuck — okay. Calm down, Cleo.

As soon as Jack opened the lid, I heard Jasmine gasp loudly, covering her mouth with her palms.

"Holy shit, Cleo. That's one big ass rock — you — oh my god! This so beautiful... it's so... Ariana..." Jasmine's eyes got teary. She kept on fanning her face as if it would dry up the tears that escaped.