Thank fuck for that || Chapter 3

Cleo

"Hello?" I answered an unknown number's call on my phone.

It's really weird as I never give out my number unless you're my client. My ears were met with silence over the line and I repeatedly asked who the other person was.

Deep breaths were the only sound I heard so I'm guessing this is a prank call. "Okay -- you're probably bored with your life so I'll let this go. But I swear if you ever prank my number again -- "

I was cut off by the most beautiful voice I've ever heard -- it was soft and angelic, so relaxing even if it was filled with panic.

"Wait, wait -- Cleo, it's Ari!" Ariana hurriedly answered before I ended the call.

Without even realizing it, a smile crept on my lips, and I immediately dropped the dishes I was washing. I picked up the phone and removed it from speaker mode.

"Hey, what's up? Uh... not that your call's unwelcomed, but how did you get my number?" I asked with a goofy smile. The muscles on my face are hurting, I'm not used to smiling this hard -- I would have to thank whoever gave her my number.

I'll take Ariana's call any time of the day. Fuck... I sound like a teenager excitedly waiting for my crush. Jesus, get a grip.

She just chuckled and told me she got it from Jasmine. "Uh... so..." she slightly stuttered before sighing. Hmm... is she nervous talking to me? Am I that intimidating...

Maybe she needs a favor and is just too shy to ask, what other reasons would she have to call me then? My heart dropped -- yeah, hopeless.

"So... um, I talked to my manager about the trip, and he said it's fine. We can go for a few weeks, but I have to be back soon, I have a lot of projects lined up so I guess I could use the time to unwind as well." She said a bit too fast -- the thing is, I've only met her once and from what I observed, she talks fast and her word enunciation is pretty much fucked.

I figured out what she was saying, though -- just had a bit of a hard time.

"Oh, that's great! Um... do you have a place where you want to go specifically? Have you been to the Philippines before?" I asked out of courtesy -- I mean, I can't impose and drag them to the nearest beach, right?

"Oh, I've been! I did twice -- both for my tour though. I haven't been able to roam around for the good spots. Do you know any? Jas told us that you stayed there for a few years." She said excitedly.

Seeing that the conversation could possibly take a few minutes, I turned the faucet off and leaned on the counter as I talk to her.

"Well... I did... there are a few good spots I know. But like, do you wanna go to the beach or just some good tourist spots?" I need to get ideas, I don't exactly know what she and her clique want.

Jasmine visited once but we spent time on the beach and got a hell lot of sunburn. I swear, my complexion never came back to normal.

Ariana giggled and spoke "You're cute when you're confused. Anyway -- uh... maybe we can go to the beach, then you can tour us in the city?" She suggested and while she can't see me, I just nodded.

Yeah -- I'm stupid, like that. Fight me.

Warmth and butterflies emerged in my stomach when she said I'm cute. What the fuck?

How did those simple words affect me so much? Well, I tried my best to not read more into it -- she was probably just being friendly. It's impossible that she means that in any other way.

She's seeing someone else right now. I had to remind myself repeatedly.

As I tried to control my emotions and not get flustered by our interaction -- I opened up my MacBook that was placed on the breakfast bar. Booting up Safari, I tried to look for good accommodation -- which led me to ask more questions.

Stained RecoveryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara