A Friend || Chapter 9

Ariana

"Alright, so basically — we'll do a shoot for the documentary then... Ari, are you listening?" Scooter, my ever-so-trusted manager asked as he snapped his fingers in front of me.

I have been out of it since rehearsals. I kept on fucking up our steps causing the whole crew to repeat the set at least 4 times before I got back on track.

My concentration was shit — as Jas and Simon pointed out earlier. I'm super worried about Cleo I can't fucking keep my mind on track.

I missed her call last night 'cause I was knocked out dead from the world as soon as we hit the hotel. Although she left me a message that she was already at the airport waiting for the jet to be ready.

My anxiety was skyrocketing — the show was almost starting and she still hasn't contacted me or Jasmine. Another thing that was on my mind was her dinner with Naomi. She didn't mention anything in her text.

"Sorry Scoot — I'm just tired. I've been having trouble sleeping." I lied my ass off which was a wrong move.

Worry marred his scruffy face, and his eyebrows met in the middle. His hands landed on my shoulders trying to comfort me.

"Have you been attending therapy? Is it about Manchester, Malcolm? We can postpone your tour if you want. It's totally okay... you don't have to push yourself, Ari." He said, full of empathy.

Scooter knew how I really feel and what I went through. He was the one who pushed me to go back to therapy.

"No, I'm okay — I guess I'm a bit nervous about performing." Yep, that's another lie — I'm pretty excited to perform, especially with the twin's new choreography, I feel really confident. Even if I fucked up several times during rehearsals.

He observed me, he has his calculating look he always does whenever someone he cares about needs help. Jesus, I didn't know he'd worry like this. I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Fine — ugh!" I snapped, I don't really want him to know yet but since he's my manager I guess he had the right to know that I'm kinda seeing someone.

Scooter eyed me incredulously, he sat straight and removed the iPad in front giving me his full attention.

"What? Spill it — are you pregnant Ariana?!" He whispered as he moved a little closer.

His face was so worried, that he buried his face in the palm of his hands and sighed deeply before raising his head again.

Wait... what?! He thought I'm pregnant?!

"What are you talking about?! I'm not pregnant!" I hollered before bursting out with laughter.

Scooter sat there with a confused face "Then what it is? You've been acting strange the whole day. You're distracted, no energy, oh... wait — time of the month?" He scrunched his nose.

I was a little embarrassed but he's so funny I can't stop laughing. Drying the tears from the corners of my eyes, I took a calming breath.

"Nah, I'm just worried about Cleo... She was supposed to be here but needed to make a stopover, and she still hasn't contacted me or Jasmine. I guess my anxiety's just getting the best of me." I explained to ease Scooter's crazy ideas.

"Wait, what — Cleo? Who's Cleo? I thought his name's Dalton, I'm profoundly confused right now, Ari." He scratched his forehead, showing how confused he was.

"Cleo is Jasmine's best friend... and Dalton... he's out of the picture... we decided to be just friends,"  I said before taking a sip of the coffee in front of me.