27

Regina's POV~

Due to Elle's requests, we're now out at 10pm getting chicken wings. She wouldn't stop begging for them after she relaxed from her breakdown earlier, so I gave in.

"This is so fucking good.." Elle mumbles as she takes a hit of her blunt then takes another huge bite off of her chicken wing.

Did I mention that we're both high as shit?

"I know.." I grin and begin wiping my lips with a napkin. "I don't think I ever had anything that tasted this good before.."

"I've tasted something better." Elle says and looks over at me with a goofy face, making me laugh.

We're sat in an empty, abandoned parking lot. The radio plays softly in the background as we eat our food.

Elle sticks her head out the window and just stares up at the sky, giving me an idea.

I get out of the car and lay on the ground, just staring up at the stars. A few moments later, I hear Elle's footsteps as she walks over and joins me.

We each sigh and pass the remaining blunt between us as we stargaze. It's peaceful just lying here. Nobody knows where we are, nobody knows who we're with. We can just relax without worrying about what's going on in the world.

But that's how it always is with Elle. Even when we aren't high, just being with her makes everything feel so much better. Her presence helps me relax and forget about all of my worries. That's what's so great about her.

I haven't felt like this since the day at Gretchen's house.

"I'm sorry." Elle says quietly as she continues looking at the stars.

I turn my head and look at her. "For what?"

She grins, "Making you drive me out here, I know you'd much rather be out with your friends than be high with me."

"I'd much rather be high with you than sober with anyone else." I mumble as she turns her head to look at me. "I missed you, Elle."

"I missed you more, Regina."

Our conversation ends. Now we just stare into each other's eyes and admire each other's faces in silence.

Until we both glance at each other's lips.

Elle inches closer as I continue laying on the cement. Her hand gently caresses my face as she leans in.

"Is this okay?" She asks in a soft whisper.

"Yes." I answer with a nod.

Seconds feel like hours as I wait for our lips to meet. And when they do, it feels like a million fireworks go off around us.

____

"Where the hell were you?" My mom says sternly with her hands on her hips. It's 4am and I just got home from being at Elle's house.

"With a friend." I keep my answers short and try to go up the steps to my bedroom but my mom stops me.

"Which friend?" She eyes me up and down. "I called Gretchen and Karen's parents, you weren't with them."

"Mom-"

She sniffs the air and gasps. "Regina George! Have you been smoking?"

"Can we please just talk about this all in the morning? I'm exhausted, mom."

"No, Regina, we are talking right now. Who were you with?" Her stern tone comes back.

I sigh. "With Elle."

"Elle." She scoffs. "Of course you were with her! What, did you guys smoke weed then fuck each other in the back of your car again!?"

"Mom!" I shout in defense. "She was struggling! I went to go help my friend!"

"That girl is not your friend, Regina! She brainwashed you into thinking you like girls!"

"I do like girls, mom! For fuck sakes what do you not understand!? I like girls, mom!" I shout, beginning to feel very annoyed.

"No you don't. Not my Regina." Is all she mumbles before walking away.

I roll my eyes and mutter a "fuck you" to myself before going upstairs to my bedroom.

I look at myself in the mirror. Thank god it was dark downstairs because if she saw this hickey that Elle left on my neck, I'd probably be six feet under right now.

Suddenly my phone buzzes. I look down and see I got a text message from Elle.

Hey.

I stare at the message for a moment before replying.

Hi.

The typing bubble comes up. I lay on my bed and wait for her to say something.

Tonight shouldn't have happened.

I reread the message a few times as I stare at it with lowered, confused eyebrows, trying to find words to say.

I didn't regret it.

She begins typing but then the bubble disappears. I sigh and put my phone down.

I bury myself in blankets and pillows before finally drifting off into a deep deep sleep.